Commitment System Upgrades
We are pleased to announce the launch of HDS Version 12. The updated commitment system offers an improved user experience by simplifying processes and adding new features and enhancements including:
- New appearance
- Faster processing
- 1003 file upload feature
- More streamlined commitment process
- No longer requires compatibility mode when using Internet Explorer 10 and 11
Tips for Using the Updated Loan Commitment System
- You may be prompted to change your password upon initial login.
- Always single click. The system does not recognize double-clicking.
- “Program Choice” has been eliminated, getting you more quickly to “New Loan” where you select the correct program, product, and downpayment option.
- The “Origination” tab now appears at the commitment stage, so the loan officer name is now a required field when you commit the loan.
- You will now use arrows to expand/hide program options instead of plus/minus signs.
- See instructions below for 1003 file upload – remember to manually correct income to reflect eligibility income.
- Review the Loan Commitment System Process Guide for more information.
1003 File Upload Feature
The loan commitment system now offers a 1003 file upload feature. Users can upload .FNM (Fannie Mae format) files to auto-populate many fields in the commitment system. Upon successful upload, lenders will verify, complete, and edit the uploaded application information on the system.
IMPORTANT: If you upload the 1003 for Start Up and MCC Borrowers, you must manually change the income field to reflect eligibility income, not qualifying income.
1003 File Upload Tools:
Commitment System Training
Join us for a Commitment System Webinar on Tuesday, November 18 from 1:30-3:30 p.m. The training teaches users how to commit, update, and fund/compliance approved loans, and the training incorporates the version 12 system changes.
Commitment System Closed for New Commitments During Holidays
The online commitment system will be closed for new commitments during the following holiday periods:
- Thanksgiving and the day after: 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 26 through 10:00 a.m. on Monday, December 1
- Christmas: 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 24 through 10:00 a.m. on Friday, December 26
- New Year's Day: 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 31 through 10:00 a.m. on Friday, January 2
You can access pipelines and make changes to existing commitments during these times; the system is only locked for new commitments.