We are extremely excited to partner with Mesirow Financial for the third consecutive year to bring you the 2014 James Tyree Emerging Business Leadership Award.
The award, which includes $25,000 in cash and valuable small business training and consulting, is given annually to a Chicagoland high-growth small business that best represents the spirit and values of the late Chicagoland Chamber Chairman and business leader, James Tyree.
We are looking for businesses that are advocates for Chicago and display integrity, philanthropy, humor, humility, and generosity, all values that made Jim Tyree such an esteemed part of Chicago’s business community. Protein Bar Founder and CEO Matt Matros was the inaugural winner
in 2012 before AuctionsByCellular CEO Jim Alvarez took home the award
To be eligible, the applicant/company must:
• Be from the 6 county Chicago metropolitan region (Cook, Will, DuPage, McHenry, Lake and Kane)
• Have been in business for a minimum of 3 years
• Have revenues of at least $500K but less than $10MM
• Have demonstrated substantial growth over the previous 3 years
• Have at least 10 employees
• Be active in local or regional civic/philanthropic initiatives
Small businesses are the job creators that drive our regional economy, and through initiatives like the Jim Tyree Award, we are working to help today’s emerging companies become successful pillars of our business community for years to come.
Theresa E. Mintle
President & CEO
Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce