If you are a CAR RIDER in the morning or afternoon this information is for you. Please share this with ANYONE who might pick your child up or drop them off throughout the year.
Carline procedures are extremely important - not just for the safety of our children, but so that we can all get our children and get on our way as quickly as possible! Many parents and caregivers have other schools and activities to get to so please be mindful of your fellow hornets and follow the protocols we have in place.
MORNING DROP OFF:
6:30am - Morning care begins (for those registered)
7:30am - Breakfast begins
7:45am - Student drop-off begins, main doors open.
- Left turns are not permitted from Hobbs to enter Julia Green in the morning.
- Cars should pull all the way to the front of the driveway and close to the car in front of you so that we can fit as many cars as possible. Do NOT stop at the front doors.
- Cars should form 2 lines. When choosing your lane, keep in mind that the left/outer lane exits left on Hobbs towards Hillsboro, while the right/inner lane turns right and exists towards Estes. Once you have chosen a lane please do not switch lanes.
- Children can exit their car after a ONE WHISTLE blast is heard and all cars are stopped. Never let your child out of the car if any other cars are moving.
- A staff member will walk between the lanes in the driveway helping children exit their cars if they need help. If your child can safely exit on their own, go ahead and let them get out once you hear the whistle blow and you see that all cars are stopped. A staff member will motion to you that it is safe to unload if you haven't already done so after the whistle blast.
- Please parents and caregivers - DO NOT GET OUT OF YOUR CAR. Parents getting out of the car greatly lengthens the time it takes to get the carline unloaded and moving. Should your child need extra help with their backpack, or need an extra hug, or help with a jacket that is ok! Simply pull into a parking spot, help them out, even walk them to the door if you'd like, and then re-enter the carline once cars are moving to exit the school.
- If you want to park and walk your child to the door, it is ideal to park close to the building next to the right/inner lane and walk them along the sidewalk to the door. Staff members will be at the door and throughout the hallways to ensure that each child gets to their classroom.
- THREE SHORT WHISTLES indicate that children have been unloaded and cars can begin exiting the driveway.
- Do NOT leave your car abandoned for any amount of time!
- Do NOT drop off or pick up in the bus drop off/pick up area (on wallace near hobbs). This is reserved for buses only.
- Please be a good neighbor. Do not park on side streets when visiting Julia Green, especially on Wallace where the road narrows. This creates a traffic hazard.
- Should you arrive after 8:00 am, please park and walk your child into the office and sign in.
AFTERNOON PICK UP:
If you arrive to JG before 2:45pm -
Please ONLY line up in the inner/right-hand lane closest to the school. The left/outer lane needs to remain open until 2:45 pm! After 2:45 pm, cars may begin filling in the left/outer lane.
- Cars should pull all the way to the front of the driveway and fill in as closely as possible to maximize the number of cars/children dismissed.
- Like at drop-off, cars in the left/outer lane will exit left towards Hillsboro Rd. Cars in the inner/right lane will exit right towards Estes on Hobbs or straight onto Wallace. Remember the left/outer lane should not have cars in it until after 2:45 pm! If you arrive early but want to exit left on Hobbs, please line up in the right-hand lane until 2:45 pm and then shift over at 2:45 pm.
- All cars should have their JG car tag (provided by the school) hanging from the mirror so it is easily visible.
- At 3 pm, a staff member will begin walking along the cars, calling for students by last name and grade as shown on their sign. Children will then be released to walk down the driveway to find their cars. Please look out for your child and stay in your car. A staff member can help with the car door should they need assistance. Please remember this is not the time to have a conversation with a staff member or other parents. We want the carline to run as efficiently as possbile.
- After all children are loaded into their cars, you will hear 3 whistle blasts. This indicates that cars will begin moving.
- These steps are repeated until all children have been picked up.
*Please remember left-hand turns into the JG parking lot are not permitted from 2:30-3:30 pm. Please help us alleviate the overflow traffic on Hobbs caused by the carline by lining up on Vailwood*