In Case You Missed It
The California Department of Public Health has announced a month-long mask mandate
that begins today. The mandate requires everyone to mask indoors in all public settings, regardless of vaccination status. UC San Diego has required masking indoors, regardless of vaccination status and with limited exceptions, throughout the past 20 months. The campus policy for face coverings
will remain in effect, unchanged, until further notice.
New guidance at UC San Diego:
- In-person gatherings held indoors at UC San Diego should not serve food or drink until the statewide mandate expires.
- Events with more than 1,000 participants will require proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 24 hours.
- Students and employees who travel during the holiday break will be required to complete a COVID-19 test before returning to in-person activities on UC San Diego premises.
Why Get Boosted?
First, second and third (booster) COVID-19 vaccines are available now
through UC San Diego Health for all campus members. Vaccination helps protect you and those around you, including:
- Reduces risk of getting infected.
- Reduces risk of transmitting disease.
- Reduces risk of getting severe disease complications if infected.
- Reduces risk of a new variant emerging.
In addition, students who get boosted
bring us closer to achieving our goal of getting 10K students boosted before the end of the year
—we are already close with nearly 8K students boosted! Upon reaching this goal, Chancellor Khosla will provide $50K in additional funding to the Basic Needs Hub in support of food security, housing resources and financial wellness for all Tritons.
Archive Your Attendees
Please note that campus event organizers should keep an accurate record of all event attendees, including their contact information, in case contact tracing is later needed. Event organizers coordinating university events may also request KN95 masks by emailing the Emergency Operations Center at firstname.lastname@example.org