2020 Consolidated Request for Proposals Updates and Reminders
2020 Legislative Session Update
We are awaiting legislative action on the Governor's proposal for $200 million in new Housing Infrastructure Bond (HIB) authority. The Legislature began a second Special Session on July 13 and one of the stated priorities is a bonding bill. Without new HIB authority, there will be no HIB’s available for allocation to projects in the 2020 Consolidated RFP.
Application Tips for On-Time Submission
Single Family Application Tips
Submit an electronic copy of the completed RFP application materials, including all required documentation by noon on July 16, 2020. NOTE: In light of COVID-19, Minnesota Housing is no longer requiring the submission of hard copies of the application or application materials.
Multifamily Application Tips
Review the following Multifamily Customer Portal submission tips to make sure you meet the application deadline of July 16 by noon. The online Portal will not accept applications after this time so please plan accordingly.
- Review Portal Resources: Learn more about the Multifamily Customer Portal and view training tutorials to help guide you through the submission process.
- Use the 2020 version of the Multifamily Workbook: Customers applying to the 2020 RFP/2021 HTC Round 1 need to use the 2020 version of the Multifamily Workbook. To avoid errors in the submission process, be sure to download the latest version from the Portal.
- Include the Property Number (D#) and Project Number(s) (M#) on applicable forms: On many Minnesota Housing forms, applicants are asked to provide a D# and an M#. A D# is a four digit number assigned by Minnesota Housing that represents the property. Applicants will receive an email notification once a D# is assigned. For the 2020 RFP/2021 HTC Round 1, the Portal will automatically assign an M# and a secondary M# if applicants are submitting a dual application. Applicants need to list the primary M# in their workbook and the Housing Tax Credit Self-scoring Worksheet and Deferred Loan Priority Checklist. Enter the secondary M# in the dual application workbook and dual Housing Tax Credit Self-scoring Worksheet and Deferred Loan Priority Checklist.
- Upload files as you go: The Portal requires applicants to upload a file to the corresponding checklist item. Do not wait until the last minute to upload all of these documents!
- Click "Submit" when you're done: You must press the submit button in the Multifamily Customer Portal for your application to be considered submitted. The submit button only appears when documents are uploaded to every checklist item or you have indicated ‘opted out’ if the checklist item is optional. You will receive an email that confirms your checklist was submitted, the checklist status will change to submitted, and all checklist items will be locked.
- Application Signatures: Minnesota Housing will accept electronic signatures on Multifamily 2020 application materials.
- Submit your application early if it is complete!
Single Family Applicants
- The application instructions provide details for submitting an application and include required supporting documentation for all application types. You can also visit our application resources webpage.
- Read our previous eNews for a comprehensive overview of application steps, including the May 1 eNews with important COVID-19 guidance, and the June 16 eNews with important tips for filling out the Multifamily Workbook.
- View our pre-recorded training tutorials (scroll down to the training tutorials section).
- In addition to your Multifamily 2021 HTC Self-Scoring Worksheet and 2020 Deferred Loan Priority Checklist, review the 2021 HTC and 2020 Deferred Scoring Guide to make sure you have submitted all of the required documentation for the points you are claiming.
- Continue to work with your assigned underwriter for any last minute application questions.
Board Selection Date
Minnesota Housing will bring Consolidated RFP selection recommendations to our Board on December 17, 2020 to allow sufficient review and processing time.