LMU to Begin Phased Reopening of Westchester Campus
After spring break, LMU will begin a staged, limited reopening of specific campus resources in alignment with updated guidelines for higher education from the L.A. County Department of Public Health. The university continues to advocate for further easing of restrictions beyond what we highlight below. Access to specific areas of campus will be by reservation only. Further details, including sign-up links, will be shared soon.
All those approved for campus access must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Facial Coverings and Physical Distancing: Face coverings and physical distancing will be required at all times on campus. All community members must submit a Lion Health Check via the Rave Guardian app before arriving on campus.
- Building Access: Many campus buildings, unless otherwise indicated, will remain closed.
- Dining: The Grid@Leavey and the Lion Boba Cart will be operational for refreshments, but all other dining facilities will remain closed.
- Parking: If your car is registered with LMU parking, you do not need to pay for parking during your visit. (If your car is not registered, please visit MYLMU >> Accounts & Tech >> LMU Park to register your vehicle).
- Student Housing Facilities: For the safety of our residential community, guests and visitors are not permitted in student housing facilities.
William H. Hannon Library
The William H. Hannon Library will reopen on March 15 with limited capacity. Students will be permitted to reserve an individual study space for 2-hour increments 10 times per person this semester. Initially, the library will be open Monday–Friday, 11 a.m.–3 p.m. Additional hours and reservable study spaces will be scaled up after the initial reopening phase. Further information, along with a link for registration, will be shared the week of March 8.
Outdoor Recreation Space
Limited capacity outdoor recreation space will open for students after spring break. Students will be permitted to make a reservation to access outdoor open spaces for individual recreation between the hours of 7 a.m.–7 p.m., Monday–Saturday. Reservation instructions and links will be shared next week. Outdoor recreation space reservations will be available for students only. The Burns Recreation Center, including the pool, tennis courts, and outdoor basketball courts on campus, remain closed at this time.
LMU College of Communication and Fine Arts (CFA)
LMU CFA is finalizing plans to reopen selected creative and studio spaces to designated groups of performing and fine arts majors. CFA will communicate further information directly with impacted undergraduate and graduate programs in the coming weeks.