Dear #RPS Strong Family,
I'm reaching out with this special RPS Direct to share the following COVID-19 positive test result/s:
- Binford Middle School – 1 student (not physically present this year)
- Cardinal Elementary School – 1 student (not physically present this year)
- Hospital Education Program – 1 staff member (last there on 8/19)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Middle School – 1 student (not physically present this year)
- Patrick Henry School of Science and Arts – 3 students (one last there on 8/30; two last there on 8/17)
VDH and RPS nurses are in the process of contact tracing and notifying impacted students and personnel to quarantine, as necessary.
Please reach out to your primary care provider if you have any concerns, or contact the Richmond City Health District (RCHD) by calling their COVID-19 hotline: (804) 205-3501. Please also get vaccinated, wear your mask, stay physically distant, and wash your hands.
Our number one priority remains the health and safety of our students, staff, and families. Towards that end, we will continue to work in close collaboration with RCHD to ensure the well-being of the entire RPS community.
If you have any questions, as always, please don't hesitate to contact me.