We thought 2020 was “one for the ages” and 2021 has been another crazy year for the auto industry. Inventory shortages were the call heard around the globe. We faced challenges in both service and sales. It’s difficult to repair cars when you can’t get the parts and it's difficult to sell cars when your inventory is low.
But those aren’t your problems, they’re ours. Our team has worked hard to overcome challenges and deliver exceptional customer service despite challenges.
But 2021 was mostly good—actually better than good.
Kia America achieved record sales in a down market
- We introduced several new models: Carnival, Kia EV6, Sorento Hybrid, Sorento PHEV, NIRO PHEV, NIRO EV, and made updates across the lineup.
- Kia Country was named South Carolina’s Dealer of the Year for a record 6th time
- Kia earned was named Best Mass Market Brand by J.D. Powers for a record 6th time and earned its Vehicle Dependability Award and Initial Quality Award.
- Kia models earned more IIHS awards than any other brand
- The Telluride, Carnival, Sorento, Sorento Hybrid, Seltos, K5, and Niro EV earned top industry awards
We continue to enjoy and be gratified by our partnerships with local community organizations, Warrior Surf Foundation, Katie’s Krops, Charleston Animal Society, and Dorchester Paws.
More than anything, we have a community of loyal customers.
We know there are many places to buy a car or have it serviced. We know it takes time to write reviews, follow and engage with us on social media, and open and read our email campaigns. But you do, 365 days a year and we are very grateful.
To say thanks, it’s YESE time…sorry Kanye, you aren’t using it so we will as we run toward the end of the year and into the new year with our best Year-End Sales Event.
From our family to yours, we wish you Happy Holidays and a healthy New Year,
Steve Appelbaum, General Manager