Dear STM members and Colleagues,
After a successful first edition, the University of Maryland School of Medicine has the pleasure to announce the second edition of the Hyperthermia Therapy Practice School. This 2-day CME-accredited course will provide attendees with theoretical and practical aspects of superficial, interstitial, and deep hyperthermia therapy (HT). The first day will include lectures and the review of clinical cases to explain the different approaches to treat different treatment sites. On the second day, small groups will facilitate in-depth training of practical guidelines for HT treatment delivery, with hands-on practice with HT software and hardware using anatomical experimental phantoms. Attending practitioners will be made aware of the powerful adjuvant effect of combining HT with the different forms of radiation treatment and will benefit from a HT formal training in a clinical environment.
- Dates: October 29-30, 2021
- Location: Baltimore Maryland, USA
- CME credits: Maximum of 15.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- Course Directors: Zeljko Vujaskovic, MD, PhD and Dario Rodrigues, PhD
- Target audience: Oncologists, Medical Physicists, Radiation Therapists, Nurses, Students, Industry