Dear #RPS Strong Family,
I'm reaching out with this special RPS Direct to share the following COVID-19 positive test result/s:
- Academic Office – 1 staff member (last at Thomas H. Henderson Middle School on 8/27)
- Binford Middle School – 1 student (not physically present this year)
- Broad Rock Elementary School – 2 staff members (last there on 8/27) and 2 students (not physically present this year)
- Henry L. Marsh III Elementary School – 1 staff member (last there on 8/23)
- Huguenot High School – 1 staff member (last there on 8/27)
- Linwood Holton Elementary School – 1 student (last there on 8/27)
- Thomas C. Boushall Middle School – 1 staff member (last there 8/27)
- Thomas H. Henderson Middle School – 1 staff member (last there 8/27)
- Thomas Jefferson High School – 1 staff member (last there on 8/27)
VDH and RPS nurses are in the process of contact tracing and notifying impacted students and personnel to quarantine, as necessary.
Please reach out to your primary care provider if you have any concerns, or contact the Richmond City Health District (RCHD) by calling their COVID-19 hotline: (804) 205-3501. Please also get vaccinated, wear your mask, stay physically distant, and wash your hands.
Our number one priority remains the health and safety of our students, staff, and families. Towards that end, we will continue to work in close collaboration with RCHD to ensure the well-being of the entire RPS community.
If you have any questions, as always, please don't hesitate to contact me.