Meet the speakers for your 2020 Virtual Canada program
The only event in 2020 that focuses on ATMs in Canada is just 12 days away. On September 22-24, industry leaders and experts from across the spectrum of the ATM industry will join us to present a virtual event that is second to none.
Our timely and relevant program will focus on key areas of interest. If you or your organization play any role in the ATM channel, self-service banking, or customer experience, this is an event that you must not miss.
In order to give you a clearer sense of the significance of our program, I would like to introduce you to our roster of speakers, and the topics of their presentations:
- Marc Albert, CEO & Chief Product Architect, DPL; “TLS and security as it pertains to ATM communication to Processors, and to RMS”
- Andrew Barnard, CEO, Bitstop; “Bitcoin ATM Industry: Past, Present & Future”
- Tom Beaupre, Partner and Cybersecurity Lead, MNP; “How ATM vendors can best meet credit and debit compliance requirements”
- Bill Budde, VP, Product Marketing, Hyosung; “Cash Automation”
- Chris Chandler, President & CEO, Access Cash General Partnership; “Retail Banks: Rethink the Costs of your Cash Distribution Network”
- Cyrielle Chiron, Head of Research & Strategic Foresight, Payments Canada; “The future of payments in Canada: an insight into emerging trends”
- Rob Hunter, Business Development Manager, KAL ATM Software; “Break free from ATM hardware upgrades”
- Kim P. Huynh, Director, Bank of Canada; “Cash and COVID-19: The impact of the pandemic on the demand for and use of cash”
- David Johnson, Product Manager, Fiserv; “Progressive Strategies Towards Fully Integrated Self-Service”
- Thomas Moore, EVP & Managing Director - The Americas, TMD Security; “How ATM deployers are reaping significant cost savings & benefits with key-less ATM and Branch Access Management”
- Mark Smith, Business Development Manager, Bitcoin Depot; “The New Era of Bitcoin Kiosks - How to Prepare for 2021”
- Rick Snook, Business Development Manager Canada - Retail and Banking, Axis Communications AB; Artificial Intelligence Demystified”
The virtual experience waiting for you is a very real and interactive one. Visit the virtual booths of our sponsors to learn more about their products and services. Review the program and create your own agenda of the sessions you are interested in. Enter the chat room to connect with colleagues or ask a question privately of one of the speakers.
The clock is ticking down, but there is still time to register and plan your time at the event. I hope to "see" you there!
Stay safe and keep well in these challenging times.
Feel free to reach ATMIA Canada executive director David Tente by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +1.407.833.7906.
Become a NextGen Champion today!
Our project has exceeded all expectations. It has proved to be an awesome, global future-proofing exercise.
Now, it’s time to become Next Gen Champions as we move forward powerfully as an industry to implement the global project. We will need to fund the upcoming PR campaign, the development of standards and the creation of an ATMIA self-certification tool, among other steps.
ATMIA has been a leader in the ATM industry for over 20 years and this is the greatest project our association has ever facilitated. Over 330 companies worldwide are now participating. Learn more . . .
Note to Hiring Mgrs: the ATM Industry Career Center is here to help!
We understand that Hiring Managers are looking for more than a simple job board, when it comes to finding and recruiting new ATM channel talent. The ATM Industry Career Center is a robust recruiting resource that you will want to check out.
Employers can set up a free account on the ATM Industry Career Center website. ATMIA membership is not required, but members do receive discounted rates. Once your account is set up:
- Post jobs online quickly and easily, including confidential postings
- Manage applications
- Search resumes
- Set up and email resume alerts
Make your company stand out among other employers with a variety of branding opportunities.
- Create and attach a 60-second video to your postings
- Use an enhanced job posting that can include elements of your company profile
- Create and post a company profile page
- Be part of the banner ad rotation
- Make your posting a Featured Job to gain more attention
Take advantage of ATMIA member pricing – 30-day postings start at only $200, and you have one year to use them. So be ready to start re-hiring when the time is right.
Contact ATMIA Canada executive director, David Tente for more information.
ATMIA Facebook Page
Have you checked out ATMIA's Facebook page yet? The greatest benefit of joining our community on Facebook is keeping abreast of ATM industry news and developments on:
- Latest technology
- Operational efficiencies
- Upcoming ATM focused events
- And more….
On our page, you can find all things ATM's and so much more. "Like" us on Facebook us today!
Earn discounts on your membership and offer new members a 20% discount
ATMIA members can now offer friends and affiliates 20% off membership AND earn a discount on their own membership renewal. For a limited time, earn up to $500 USD in discounts on your next renewal as part of ATMIA’s new Membership Referral Program. Each referral is worth $100 USD.
“To make it as easy as possible for members to promote the referral program, ATMIA has put together a variety of resources and each member company has been assigned a unique referral codes that can be found under the ‘my account’ tab on the ATMIA site,” says Amber Howell, ATMIA Membership & Social Media Manager. For mor details about how it works, click here.
Members can find their own personal link and email text/images to use under the ‘Member Referrals’ icon in their My ATMIA Account section of the website.
Upcoming committee meetings
Canada Regional Board
The Canada Regional Board meets three times a year to discuss important issues, committee activities, and the financial health of the chapter. The next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, December 15 at 11:00am EST. It is open to all Canada board-level members.
Canada Government Relations Committee
Under normal circumstances, the Canada GRC meets three times a year to discuss regulatory and compliance issues, advocacy, and other government related matters. Due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will be combined with the Canada Regional Board meeting until further notice. That meeting is next scheduled for Tuesday, December 15 at 11:00am ET, as noted above.
Questions and requests for committee meeting invitations may be directed to David Tente
Welcome our new members
New Canada members for 2020:
Small Business level membership
Associate level membership
New ATMIA Canada members are not only listed in the newsletter with a link to their company website, but also introduced to the entire membership with up to two paragraphs of information about the business and its focus. Join ATMIA Canada today and put yourself on the front page of the next issue.
Did You Know? You can upgrade your membership level at any time. Move up to Board level for greater visibility and a stronger voice in the direction of the Region. Interested in becoming a Canada Regional Board Member? A unique membership level for financial institutions? Contact David Tente for more information on this and other membership options.
Don't Forget - if your membership is expiring soon, you can receive a 5% discount by renewing before the end of the month in which it expires.
ATMIA Membership Benefit Reminder
There are so many benefits to ATMIA membership, it's easy to lose track of them all. Watch the Newsletter each month for reminders about one of those membership benefits and tips about how to take advantage of it.
Friday, August 28, 2020
Latin America is lagging behind Canada in its economic recovery because the pandemic took place later there, but the region is following the positive trends seen in North America, according to Ignacio (Nacho) Deschamps, Group Head, International Banking and Digital Transformation at Scotiabank.
Thursday, August 6, 2020
CIBC today announced that it is contributing $700,000 to local not-for-profits across Canada and the United States in support of efforts to empower Black youth, individuals and families in building strong communities.
Diebold Nixdorf and NCR are deploying software updates for ATMs impacted by deposit forgery. The forgery occurred when fraudsters with physical access to an ATM machine tampered with internal software, modifying the amount of funds deposited and then withdrawing the non-existent cash before banks could detect errors in the account balance, according to a ZDNet report.
August 13, 2020 - Fiancial Post
Interac Corp.’s e-Transfer service is now so essential that a breakdown of the payment system could wound the economy and unnerve companies and consumers, the Bank of Canada says.
August 5, 2020 - The Globe and Mail
Bank of Montreal has signed a deal with Google to offer digital chequing accounts in the U.S. through Google Pay, the technology giant’s mobile payment app, as banks increasingly cozy up to Silicon Valley to head off the threat of digital disruption.
Latest Insights from the Cash Repository
The Cash Repository is your source for a wide range of current data and information about the global role of cash in society, from a variety of sources.
Brand Building Opportunity
Sponsoring ATMIA Canada Chapter newsletter can help your company build brand awareness, stay top of mind, increase customer loyalty and drive new sales.
Member Rate = $500 for 1 Issue, or $1,000 for 3 Issues
- Logo and website link in newsletter top box, right column
- 500 word company backgrounder article with two photos placed in media library on ATMIA website for two years with distribution to global and regional members. If taking up 3 issue offer, same article can be shared via link in each of the following two newsletters
Member of the Month for September/October
Newer Technologies Limited was founded in 2003 and has grown organically ever since. The company found success in working with ISO Partners as well as deploying direct ATM locations. With Newer Technologies' resources they are able to help their ISO's with purchasing of ATM's, managing networks, ATM servicing when required and support to their clients. They have prided themselves in taking care of their ISO's networks with the same fury and intensity applied to their own direct locations. Leasing and cash vaulting services are also available. Newer Technologies joined ATMIA Canada in 2017.