In an effort to improve communication between ECS/UAS and faculty colleagues, the Executive Committee of the Senate (ECS) at its August 12, 2021 retreat recommended that each week, a general message will be sent out to all faculty. This message will highlight the immediate past ECS meeting and give a preview of the upcoming ECS meeting. In particular, the highlight will summarize the key agenda items and provide context on the key votes; the pros and cons will be summarized and the key arguments for each highlighted. Herein are the highlights of the ECS meeting of November 19, 2021 and a preview of the UAS meeting of December 3, 2021. Meetings of the ECS are restricted to members of the ECS, their alternates, and others whom the ECS may invite, pursuant to SG 1.01.7.2.
Highlights of ECS Meeting November 19, 2021
- RH2025 Co-leads will update UAS at the 12/3 meeting. The ECS meeting scheduled for 1/21/22 will become a UAS meeting and the RH25 endorsement vote will be on the agenda.
- The report of the Title IX reviewers will be sent to ECS and will be discussed when received.
- UAS meets next on December 3.
- Winter enrollment patterns are consistent with the patterns for Fall.
Student Senate President’s Report
- Student Senate held a launch party for the Climate Survey, collaborated with advising centers on an advising survey, and continues to look into concerns regarding Campus Dining
- Recommendation sent to UAS to change Faculty Activity Plan to Faculty Workload Plan (FWP) and Faculty Activity Report to Faculty Workload Report (FWR).
- Affiliate Faculty Representation on Senate (AFFARES) Task Force Recommendations supported with recommendation to UAS.
- Active Learning Classroom Task Force Report sent to the Faculty Facilities Planning Advisory Committee (FFPAC).
- Equity and Inclusion Committee (EIC) Report on Prioritizing Equity in Personnel Processes (EPP) Task Force Recommendations for 2021-2022 AY sent to the Faculty Personnel Policy Committee (FPPC).
- FPPC Memo on Leadership and Succession Planning supported with recommendation to UAS.
- Faculty Salary and Budget Committee (FSBC) Memo on Annual Salary Adjustment Request for 2022-23 supported with recommendation to UAS.
Preview of UAS Meeting of December 3, 2021
- Introduction of Administrators: Laura Aikens (VP for University Development); Emil Delgado (AVP for Information Technology); Kara Van Dam (Vice Provost Graduate and Lifetime Learning).
- RH2025 Update and Assessment of Progress Made.
- Faculty Teaching and Learning Center Advisory Committee (FTLCAC) Memo on Learning Management System (LMS) Selection Feedback Survey Findings Report. This is for information sharing only; there is no action needed.
- Faculty Personnel Policy Committee (FPPC) Memo on Leadership and Succession Planning. This comes with a motion of support with recommendation from ECS.
- Affiliate Faculty Representation on Senate (AFFARES) Task Force Memo on AFAC and Proposed Shared Governance (SG) & Board of Trustees (BOT) Policies Change. This comes with a motion of support with recommendation from ECS.
- Faculty Salary and Budget Committee (FSBC) Memo on University Policies Language on Pay Equity. This comes with a motion of support with recommendation from ECS.
- FSBC Memo on Allocation of Federal Funds. This comes with a motion of support with recommendation from ECS.
- FSBC Memo on Annual Salary Adjustment Request for 2022-2023. This comes with a motion of support with recommendation from ECS.
- Discussion on Faculty Activity Plan & Faculty Activity Report Designations. This comes with a motion of support with recommendation from ECS.
For more details on the above items, please go here.
Please, feel free to reach out to your ECS or UAS representative from your College/University Libraries in order to provide input on any UAS agenda item that you may like to weigh in on.
Thank you for your continuous interest in faculty governance.
Felix N. Ngassa
Chair of ECS/UAS 2021-2022