GRAB & GO MEALS — WITH A TWIST!
Earlier this week, the USDA extended waivers which allow Bainbridge Island School District to provide free school meals (breakfast and lunch) for all youth ages 18 and younger through December 18, 2020. The program is similar to what BISD provided last spring, but there are a few changes to be aware of:
- Meal pick-up is weekly on Fridays between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. at Sakai Intermediate School, 9343 Sportsman Club Road NE.
- Meals must be ordered the Monday before Friday’s pick-up day. Meal Kits are offered in bundles for the following week. We are unable to accommodate individual daily orders.The order form is available on our website and here.
- Students do not need to be present to pick up their meals but the designated individual picking up the meals must provide BISD with the student’s name and school.
- Milk will be optional at pickup and soy milk will also be available.
- Meal storage and heating instructions are included with each meal kit.
- The first GRAB & GO MEALS — WITH A TWIST distribution date is Friday, Sept. 11.
Funds for this program and waivers to our regular school meal procedures are provided through the USDA due to the COVID Pandemic and this program is presently scheduled to end in December.