Among the rules:
- Face coverings and social distancing required.
- Sanitizers and disinfectants to keep desks and work areas clean.
- Hand-washing stations and hand sanitizer units across campus.
- Daily health and symptom assessments.
- Procedures for reporting possible exposure and contact tracing.
- Students visiting hot spot states must quarantine 14 days before returning to campus.
For more details on these and other protocols, please visit the website
regularly, pay close attention to your YSU email and stay connected with the YSU APP for the latest updates.
We cannot emphasize enough how important it is for each and every one of us to know and follow these procedures. As such, we are asking everyone to join in the Penguin Protection Pledge to protect ourselves, others and our campus. You will receive an email in the next few days to sign the pledge. Please join me in doing so.
Thanks in advance for your cooperation. Please, again, keep a close eye on your YSU email, the YSU APP and the Coronavirus Information page
for the latest updates. We know that working together, we can meet these challenges head on and make this a semester to remember.
Be safe, and Go Penguins,
Dr. Eddie J. Howard, Jr.
Vice President for Student Affairs