To ensure the highest standards of cleanliness and prevent the spread of COVID-19, we will be implementing the following safety precautions:
1. Limited class attendance per local guidelines - currently 10 participants (and their stroller kiddos) at Forest Park. Participants will be required to pre-register for classes, a waiting list will be started if the enrollment exceeds 10, and a fee will be charged for no-shows/those who do not cancel at least one hour before class.
2. Contactless check-in for class
3. Contactless temperature checks upon arrival for employees and participants.
4. Masks will be required at check-in for adults only. Masks will be optional during the class.
5. Members will be required to follow social distancing guidelines and keep a 6-10 foot distance during class. It is not recommended for children to wear masks under 2 years old, so it will be critical to keep 6-10 ft distance (per local govt. guidelines).
6. As always, children should remain buckled in strollers for the entire class. The only exception is older children who must stay close to their parent/at least 6 feet from the nearest participant.
7. Instructors will cue movements from a 6-foot distance.
8. Participants are asked to bring their own water bottles, towels/mats, equipment (bands - if needed in the future. see below) and to keep childrens’ personal belongings (snacks, toys, etc) in own personal stroller.
9. If equipment is needed, it will be noted during enrollment and participants will be required to bring (or purchase) their own. Instructors will have new, sealed bands available to sell at the start of class.
10. If you are a new mama trying out classes, equipment is optional. See above regarding equipment for purchase.
11. There will be no partner movements in class; no high fives, hugs, etc.
12. Bad weather days will be offered as a virtual class..
13. In-person Playgroups will be discontinued for the time being. Classes may begin and end at a location distanced from communal areas or playgrounds. Instructors have been directed to pack up and exit class premises immediately following class, to deter group lingering. If you opt to gather in communal areas or playgrounds after the conclusion of class, you assume all associated risks and do so independent of the recommendation and practice of FIT4MOM St. Louis.
In addition, we ask that you adhere to the following:
Please do not plan to attend live classes if you have traveled outside of this region in the past two weeks. If you or anyone in your household is showing symptoms or has had a fever in the prior 10 days, please stay home.
The above changes will help us stay committed to a healthy and safe community. We will continue to monitor both local and federal government information, and will update you should anything change. Additionally, if you or your child(ren) have experienced any symptoms such as fever, cough, difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, loss of taste/smell, or diarrhea, or have been around someone who has, please do your part and do not come to class and please inform your instructor if you or your child begin having symptoms like these within 24 hours of being near your fellow moms. It’s of the utmost importance to be considerate of others and avoid anything that would put anyone at risk.
We appreciate and understand your efforts to be healthy and cautious at this time. Should you have any questions or concerns about our process please let us know. We look forward to seeing you in-person (or virtually) soon!
Dr. Kris - owner and lead instructor of FIT4MOM St. Louis