Wellness Connection Strategy
The path to employee wellness
Building on a foundation started at the School of Medicine, employee wellness programming has been evolving over the last 7 years. Today, we have set our strategy to focus on both individual needs supported through evidence-based programs, as well as fostering a culture that prioritizes health and well-being as integral to our mission. It is our vision to create an environment where the healthier choice is the easiest choice and we are all empowered to choose well. To do this, we have partnered with WashU experts and external vendors to provide valuable, safe, and positive experiences, like our annual health screenings, wellness challenges, mindfulness programs, financial well-being, and wellness consultations. Equally important is our partnership with our Wellness Champions! You are experts in your unique work environment and the needs of your co-workers. You help us set priorities and continue to evolve our programs and communications.
Here are some of our goals for the next 3-5 years:
- Re-establish engagement in our annual health screening program; register 2,400 benefits-eligible employees in 2022.
- Increase engagement from diverse groups of employees; expand the visibility of Wellness Champions across all campuses.
- Build on what we've learned from the EMPOWER surveys:
- Engage more supervisors and other University leaders in our mission; provide training and tools for supporting employee well-being.
- Focus on how to help employees and dependents navigate to mental health resources.