Friday, October 8, 2021
- NO CLASSES - Teacher in-service
Monday, October 11, 2021
- Late Start – Mass Schedule, classes start at 8:25 AM
- B – Day
- CMH Blue Polo Required
Wednesday, October 13, 2021
- Late Start – Early Release Schedule, classes start at 8:25 AM, special schedule
- Attention bus riders there will be no adjustment to AM route times PM pick up at 12:30 PM.
Sunday, October 17, 2021
- Open House 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Monday, October 18, 2021
- Please continue to report both positive COVID-19 cases and direct contacts to CMH. The Waukesha County Health Department continues to rely on CMH to facilitate and report cases. Please contact Steve Plechaty for updates and questions at email@example.com 262-542-7101 ext.512
- Please keep your student home if they are running a temperature or have any symptoms, no matter how minor. If the fever or symptoms continue after 24 hours, contact your family physician, and get tested.
- Every member of your family should be in quarantine when another family member is waiting on the result of a COVID test. Quarantine means to remain at home and suspend public contact.
- When there is a positive test in your family, the remainder of the family is considered Direct Contacts. Direct Contacts are mandated to stay in quarantine for 10 days from the last day of contact with the positive family member (quarantine is reduced to 7 days if those considered direct contacts test negative for COVID).
A Message from CMH Principal, Laura Anderson:
On Friday, October 8, there are no classes for students. On this day all faculty will be attending the Archdiocese of Milwaukee Educators’ Convention. This convention is normally held every two years for all educators teaching in the Archdiocese of Milwaukee but was postponed last year. We look forward to being together with other educators and growing in our professional learning. This day is just one day of ten that are required for professional development throughout the school year.
Just a reminder, next week Wednesday, October 13 we have a schedule change. All freshmen, sophomores and juniors will be testing at CMH. See the testing times below.
Seniors will have a “College Application Day” to provide them with additional time to work on their applications (at home or school) or visit college campuses (this is a no class day for Seniors). Senior English teachers will be available at school for seniors to meet with for additional help on their applications.
- Testing day will be on Wednesday, October 13, 2021
- The school schedule will be a combination of Late Start and Early Release (students should report to their testing rooms by 8:25 am and will be dismissed at 12:30 pm).
- Busses will run as they normally do for an Early Release Schedule.
- More information will be provided closer to the testing day about which rooms students should report to and what to bring for the test.
- Students receiving testing accommodations will be contacted by Mr. McAndrew and Mrs. Flanagan about how they will test on that day.
As we make schedule changes, we do understand that this may come with some challenges for households. Please share any feedback about schedule changes, and specifically about the change in Student Assistance Day with me. The Principal Advisory Council and Department Heads have been reviewing the changes in schedules and would appreciate any feedback. Feel free to call or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have an enjoyable long weekend. Monday is an all-school mass day. Please remember Blue honor polos, dress pants (no jeans, no shorts) and CMH spirit wear are expected for the day.
Open House Parent Volunteers Needed
- Help us promote CMH at our largest recruiting event of the year, Open House on Sunday, October 17, 2021, 10am-1pm! There are several ways for parents to volunteer from helping with tours, setup, check-in and more! No experience necessary! (all tour guides will be paired with a CMH student, who will be in charge of guiding the tour around the school to designated rooms.)
- Check out the parent volunteer sign up!
Attention All Parents! Health Room Volunteers Needed
- CMH is looking for volunteers to staff the Health Room during the school day. No medical experience is necessary, and hours are flexible. We find that general parenting skills are very useful to comfort students who aren’t feeling well.
- It is a great way to make connections with the CMH staff and students. Any amount of time would be appreciated.
- Contact Steve Plechaty at email@example.com You can also contact the main office at 262 542 7101 ext. 514.
Senior Picture Reminders! Deadline, Nov. 1, 2021
- It’s senior picture time again. All senior pictures and senior quotes must be submitted to the CMH Yearbook Staff by Monday, November 1, 2021.
- Because the yearbook represents Catholic Memorial High School, we want to maintain a consistent style and format throughout the book. The yearbook staff simply asks that one picture be taken and submitted that meets the guidelines below.
- One picture will be submitted digitally before the deadline (Monday, November 1, 2021) in the following manner.
- File type: jpeg, Resolution: 300 ppi (750 x 1050 dpi), File size: 1 mb in size or larger. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with the subject line “Senior Picture: First Name Last Name.” If you are submitting multiple students’ pictures, please use the subject line “Senior Pictures: Last Name, Last Name, Last Name”, etc.). Also, include student’s appropriate senior quote in this email. Quotes must be placed in quotation marks and author of the quote must be given. If inappropriate quotes are submitted that do not align with CMH values, they will be omitted from the yearbook.
- Note: If you cannot submit the picture via email, please contact us for further submission guidelines.
- Senior pictures and senior quotes are due on Monday, November 1, 2021. If no picture is received by this due date, the student’s ID picture will be placed in the yearbook instead.
- The yearbook will only accept your senior picture if it meets the following guidelines:
- Your picture will be compatible with the CMH dress code
- The dress code is outlined in the Student Handbook which is available at CMH STUDENT HANDBOOK.
- Your picture will be a portrait-style (Portrait orientation is taller than it is wide. Mid torso and up).
- Your face will be fully contained in the upper half of the photograph. Both eyes will be visible.
- Your picture will be in full color.
- Your picture will NOT have special effects (e.g. tinting, faded edges, color isolation).
- Your picture will NOT include props (e.g. musical instruments, trophies, sports equipment).
- You will NOT wear a hat or head covering.
- You will NOT have any facial piercings or visible tattoos.
The CMH Junior Class is hosting a Humanitarian Relief Charity Drive between October 4th and October 25th.
- We are raising money and collecting items to help those in need after the recent disasters of the earthquake in Haiti and Hurricane Ida in Louisiana, as well as Afghan refugees at Fort McCoy in WI. Hygiene items and half of the money raised will be sent to Catholic Relief Services to help those impacted by natural disasters; the remaining funds will be used to buy children's winter clothing for refugees in Wisconsin.
- All students who participate in the drive in any way will receive a dress down pass for Friday, October 29th. The GPS with the most contributions will have a special treat delivered to them on November 8th during GPS time. Donations should be given to your students GPS advisor.
- Freshman: $, crayons, toothpaste
- Sophomores: $, markers, individually wrapped toothbrushes
- Juniors: $, kids coloring books, deodorant
- Seniors: $, card games for kids, individually wrapped bars of soap
- Checks should be made out to CMH and in the memo line please put humanitarian drive.
- This is a great opportunity for students to put into practice the CMH value of Caritas in Omnibus!
Interested in traveling to Spain and France in the summer of 2022?
- Ms. Ljungqvist, the French teacher at CMH, is incredibly excited to announce a travel opportunity for students that will take place in June 2022. We will be traveling to France and Spain with EF tours, a world leader in international education with over 55 years of experience. If interested in taking the trip, please contact Jenny Ljungqvist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information and to enroll, check out the tour information page here: www.eftours.com/2484437SC
- It has been brought to our attention that the yearbook was printed and is missing the section dedicated to the performing arts productions and activities. We are working on resolving the issue with a special insert that is being printed that can be added to each yearbook to highlight this important group.
- Thank you for your patience and we will notify everyone when the insert has arrived.
- Class of 2021, should plan to pick up their yearbooks at the alumni basketball game on Monday, December 27
- October is the month of the Rosary. Join us to pray the Rosary in-person or virtually. It is a great way to find personal peace and a way to vocalize your faith. Don't be intimidated, you can’t say a bad rosary as long as you have faith. Don’t be discourage if your mind is distracted. Faith and good intentions are quite enough.
- All Mary asks is to try your best. Students, parents, and staff pray the rosary every Wednesday morning at 7:00 am in the Lady of the rosary Chapel at CMH. You are always welcome to join us and be spiritually transformed.
- You can also join us online by following the link: Click here to join the meeting.
- As always, send your prayer intentions to Steve Plechaty
Catholic Memorial September 11th 20-Year Tribute T-Shirts NOW Available!
- By popular demand! The Catholic Memorial 9/11 Tribute t-shirt is now available for order online. There are also sweatshirts, youth and female t-shirt options. The online store will close Sunday, Oct 17th.
- Order Here!
Chapel Mass Schedule/Intentions
The Cost of a CMH Education
- Tuition only covers 68% of the cost to operate our school. The balance comes through the generosity of donors. Every student, no matter the level of tuition paid, is receiving a discount. Thank you to those of you who contributed to bridge the $4,595 financial gap for your student! If you haven’t done so already, click here to join in this critical partnership.
Congratulations to CMH Girls Tennis
- CMH Girls Tennis took home the Championship at Sectionals and are officially state bound!!! Congratulations on an amazing team effort!
Congratulations to CMH Boys Cross Country
- Congratulations to our Crusader Boys Cross Country Team who took 1st Place at the Lake Country Lutheran Invite! Such a great team effort to take home the championship! Go Crusaders
Athletics Shout Outs!
- Congratulations to the following athletes and teams:
- Corey Smith for being voted WSN Football Player of the Week
- Vinny Coello selected as Journal Sentinel Player of the Week.
- Boys Volleyball took second place at the Whitefish Bay tournament on October 2nd.
- Girls Golf placed 4th at Sectionals on October 5th.
- Boys Basketball beat Brookfield Academy (by 40 points) and Burlington in their fall league on October 3rd.
Crusader Football Games will be Broadcast LIVE
- Tune in to the upcoming Crusader Football season on 94.5 FM ESPN Milwaukee.
- You can also tune in to the Live Stream on the Wisconsin On Demand mobile app!
Don't forget to visit the CMH Spirit Shop, OPEN Daily!
- Visit the CMH Spirit Shop Daily at Catholic Memorial from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM. Get your favorite spirit wear items and visit with your favorite moms! There are new items coming in every week, so stop in to see all of the latest gear!
Mothers’ Club Chicago Shopping Trip – Date Change
- Mark your calendars, take off work and start spreading the word to other CMH moms that this year’s Chicago Shopping Trip will be on Friday, December 10th. Sadly, due to the bus driver shortage, we had to change this year’s date. Registration information and other event details will be provided at a later date.
- Hope you are able to join us! Questions? Please contact Karie Eberhardt. Cell: 262-527-2602 email: email@example.com
Like & Follow CMH on Social Media