Breakfast Briefing - Capitol Hill
Tentative Schedule - March 12th, 2019
Featured Congressional Speaker
- Moderator-Mike Stanton, BAM (Confirmed)
- Representative from BDA Muni Committee Leadership
- Representative from BDA Public Finance Leadership
- Outside Expert
- Issuer Representative
- Preservation of the tax-exemption
- How cautious do we need to be?
- Will the mounting debt and deficit put the exemption back in the crosshairs?
- Reinstatement of advance refundings
- How much has this affected costs over the past year?
- Are these still a viable option with raising interest rates?
- Expansion of PABs
- Removal of state and federal cap
- What type of project expansions are wanted?
- BQ Bonds
- Examples of where this could be helpful
- Possible existing legislation
Afternoon Hill Day
BDA members will be split into groups of 2-3 to visit key contacts on Capitol Hill. These include sitting Members of House Ways and Means, House Financial Services, House T&I, Senate Finance, and Senate Commerce. Meetings will be organized, to the best extent possible, for BDA members who have relationships with the Members of Congress.
BDA PAC Fundraiser
BDA to host a fundraiser for a Member of Congress from the Municipal Finance Caucus. Member and requested amount TBD.