SBA Upstate NY Recruiting for Emerging Leaders Initiative
DEADLINE: March 31, 2020
Please select 'Syracuse' as the program location.
What is Emerging Leaders?
- FREE Federal training initiative that focuses on executives of businesses who want to grow
- Emerging Leaders provides executives with the organizational framework, resource network, and motivation required to build sustainable businesses and promote the economic development
What benefit does this program have in my community?
- SBA’s outreach in these communities has resulted in entrepreneurial success that generates new jobs, attracts investment, and provides a more sustainable economic base in distressed areas. The Emerging Leaders Initiative has aided over 4,000 small business owners in sustaining and growing their businesses.
What’s the training like?
- During the 7 month course, participants are given the opportunity to work with experienced mentors, attend specialized workshops and develop connections with their peers, city leaders, and the financial community
- 5 different modules that focus on:
- Business and Leadership
- Marketing and Sales
- Resources (people & access to capital & Government Contracting)
- Putting it all together – Strategic Growth Action Plan
Do I qualify to participate?
- This training is for established business owners and is not for start-ups or people who are thinking about starting a business
- Have annual revenues of at least $250,000
- Have been in business for at least 3 years
- Have at least one employee, other than self
What are the key program highlights?
- Customized training for “C” (CEO, COO, etc.) level executives with demonstrated business sustainability of at least 3 years in business and annual revenue of at least $250K
- Participant recruitment begins in February through SBA’s local district offices and classes typically begin in April
- A three-year strategic growth action plan with benchmarks and performance targets to help the participant emerge as self-sustaining businesses that creates jobs and build communities
- Includes 100 + hours of professional specialized training and peer-to-peer counseling delivered over the course of seven months
- Specialized areas of training include:
- Growth Strategies Plans
- Financing and Access to Capital
- Government Contracting
- CEO Mentoring