New ‘Top Docs’ addresses ways to promote wellness among physicians in training
The latest edition of the Medical Association of Georgia’s (MAG) ‘Top Docs’ show addresses ways to avoid burnout and promote wellness among physicians in training – including medical students, residents and fellows.
It features Tracey Henry, M.D., an associate professor of medicine at the Emory University School of Medicine, a clinical educator, and an attending physician in both inpatient and outpatient care, and Candi Nobles-James, M.D., the associate dean of student affairs at the Mercer University school of Medicine and a member of the school’s wellness committee.
Drs. Henry and Nobles-James discuss…
– Tell-tale signs of burnout
– To what extent physicians in training are struggling with burnout
– How COVID-19 has exacerbated the burnout problem
– What trainees should do if they are struggling with their mental health
– How burnout undermines a trainees’ professional goals
– How burnout affects patient care
– How hospitals and health care systems can promote wellness
– What medical schools can do to reduce burnout among students
– The roles of faculty and professional mentors
– Innovative wellness strategies and programs
This episode of the ‘Top Docs’ show is part of MAG’s ‘G.R.I.T.’ campaign, which is being funded with a grant from Alliant Health Solutions. G.R.I.T. stands for Georgia’s Resilience Innovation Team. The campaign was created by MAG’s Health Care Workforce Resilience Task Force to support medical practices and health care systems in the state. Contact Lori Murphy at email@example.com with questions about the MAG G.R.I.T. campaign.
In addition to her aforementioned roles, Dr. Henry is the assistant health director of the Grady Primary Care Center, the co-director of the Health Equity Advocacy Policy Track for Emory’s GME programs, an American Medical Association Health Systems Science Scholar, and the chair of MAG’s Young Physicians Section.
Dr. Nobles-James is an endocrinologist in Macon, and she is a member of MAG’s Health Care Workforce Resilience Task Force.
The views of the guests who appear on ‘Top Docs’ are theirs and aren’t necessarily consistent with MAG’s policies or positions. Contact Tom Kornegay at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about MAG’s ‘Top Docs’ show.