Due to the recent events in Ukraine, many institutions have experienced internet disruptions due to cyberattacks. We want you to be vigilant of potential attacks coming our way. UTHSC has put in place systems that help you stay protected such as email protection, endpoint security, anti-ransomware protection as well as active monitoring and scanning. However, you are our first line of defense!
Please be aware of potential attacks and be on the lookout for emails:
• saying they have noticed some suspicious activity or login attempts
• claiming there is a problem with your account or your payment information
• asking you to confirm some personal information
• including a fake invoice
• wanting you to click on a link to make a payment
• saying you are eligible to register for a government refund
• offering a coupon for free stuff
Remember that attackers pose as someone you know or trust, whether they are a coworker, fellow student, supervisor, dean, or even a family friend.