Sánchez Construction Update
Dear College of Education community,
Welcome back to the spring semester on campus! We’re excited to see you all and look forward to another exciting few months on the Forty Acres, and of course, seeing one another in our own Sánchez (SZB) and Bellmont buildings.
As you know, we are in the final stages of our renovation project. While we’re close to putting the finishing touches on rooms, fixtures and equipment, we still have a few important milestones to overcome before the construction is completed.
- One of the most significant milestones is work on north section of SZB.
- As a result, escalators in SZB will be closed for use beginning Thursday, February 3 through early-April.
- All SZB traffic to floors 3, 4 and 5 should use the elevators and/or stairwells on the northwest and southeast sides of the building.
- Note that the southern stairwells will have intermittent construction during the month of February.
- See map for construction details.
We encourage all faculty, staff and students to plan ahead and arrive on campus as early as possible to avoid potential elevator wait times.
As we near completion on a fast-paced schedule, we anticipate additional interruptions to the use of facilities in Sánchez and Bellmont. We will do our best to communicate these changes as far in advance as possible in order to minimize any disruption.
As always, thank you in advance for your patience and support.
SZB Renovation Communications