Answering the Questions
What if my child has multiple symptoms of illness?
We are trusting that parents will be working WITH us to keep our campus safe, especially when it comes to your child being sick - specifically during this time. If your child is sick, the expectation is that they will be kept home. If you suspect COVID or see multiple symptoms of COVID (please see the CDC website)
, we know that our families wll be responsible to take the proper steps to ensure their child's safe return to school (while also keeping other students safe). This may include getting them tested. Some examples are below:
- Student A has a fever of 100.4 only. Student A should stay home for a minimum of three days and if they have no other symptoms and fever has left, they can return to school.
- Student B has several illness symptoms (cough, runny nose). Student B should stay home until symptoms stop and if they have no other symptoms that occur, they can return to school.
- Student C has multiple COVID symptoms (100.4 fever, cough, runny nose, loss of smell). Student C should stay home for a minimum of 3 days. They should be tested for COVID and can return with a doctor's note stating that they have a negative test result.
- Student D's SIBLING has multiple COVID symptoms (100.4 fever, cough, runny nose, loss of smell). Student D (as well as their sibling) should stay home for a minimum of 3 days. They should both be tested for COVID and can return with a doctor's note stating they have a negative test result.
There will be many different circumstances and we encourage every family to make wise choices, take responsibility for their children and illness symptoms, communicate with the school, and do everything possible to keep our campus open and safe for all students, faculty, and staff.
What on-campus precautions are being taken to make it a safe environment?
TBS will be using UV light wands for sanitation in the elementary classrooms and our Before and After School care, use some plexiglass partitions when social distancing is not possible (computer labs), as well as other means of sanitation. Teachers will be required to be in masks at all times while students are in their classrooms and hand sanitizing stations will be placed around campus. We want our students, faculty, and staff to remain safe!
Will students be required to wear masks all day?
Face coverings will be worn when social distancing is not possible (hallways, classroom movement away from desks, bathrooms, and as requested by teachers, etc...). This will allow students to remove masks when they are at their desks in the classrooms which have been placed following distancing standards. Students will be required to arrive wearing a face covering and have it with them at all times while at school.
Just a note...
- Classes are filling up! We are limiting class sizes this fall to accomodate social distancing in the classroom. Make sure to reserve your spot. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- This week, the CDC published a statement regarding the importance of opening our schools this fall. We are so thankful for the physical space to follow protocols, and the overall ability to have our students safely on campus.