Postdoc of the Year
Sponsor: Office of Postdoctoral Affairs (OPA)
Eligibility: All current Vanderbilt-affiliated (VU and VUMC) postdoctoral fellows, scholars and trainees are eligible for nominations.
Criteria: Nominee must demonstrate excellence in research, scholarship, or creative expression as evidenced by one or more of the following:
- Publication record since January 2021
- Presentations: papers or posters at local, regional, national, or international conferences/meetings since January 2021
- Awards and honors: internal and/or external recognition of excellence in research, scholarship, or creative expression
Consideration will also be given to:
- Service: committees and organizations (internal and/or external), teaching, volunteering, etc.
- Mentoring with a lab or school, establishing or leading projects and initiatives (internal and/or external)
The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs solicits nominations from faculty in each school. The Postdoctoral Advisory Committee reviews and votes on all nominations; if needed, ad hoc members will be selected by the OPA.
The committee may select an honorable mention in addition to the award winner.