(Message sent to all students currently slated to live on campus this fall)
Welcome home! As a student living on campus this fall semester, you play a key part in keeping your neighbors and fellow community members healthy. The first essential step is to be tested for COVID-19 on campus before you move into your residence hall or on-campus apartment. The test will be administered by TriHealth, our healthcare partner, and will be free of charge. This letter contains detailed information about the procedure you will be required to follow on your move-in day*, so please read it carefully.
To complete at home before leaving for campus:
- Print, complete and bring these required forms to the testing site.
- If you have already had COVID-19 and recovered, please bring your printed medical documentation with you. You will still need to check in with us at the testing site before you will be able to enter your residence hall or on-campus apartment, but you will be exempted from testing.
- Although not required, you are encouraged to be tested for COVID-19 at home a few days before your arrival date, even if you have no symptoms. If you test negative, you are still required to be tested again upon arrival. If you have a positive test, you should choose option 3 outlined in President Crawford’s letter, and delay your move in for 2 weeks until you are recovered.
To complete on the morning you move-in, before you depart for campus:
- All members of your move-in party should take their temperatures and do a COVID-19 symptom assessment. If anyone helping you move is experiencing symptoms, they should not come to campus. If you are experiencing symptoms, please contact us at campusservicescenter@MiamiOH.edu to delay your move-in date until you are symptom free.
When you arrive to campus:
- Your first stop will be Millett Hall. Testing will be open from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. We will not be prepared to begin testing until 8:00 am. Please enter the driveway for the west parking lot from Sycamore Street where you will enter the screening station and be greeted by TriHealth. The TriHealth team will perform a symptom assessment and take the temperature of everyone in your move-in party, and check that you have completed the required forms in advance.
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, you will be referred to a local medical practitioner to determine if you can move in, if you should temporarily occupy isolation housing on campus, or if you should return to move in on a different day.
- If you do not have your forms, a copy will be given to you to complete on site and it may delay your process.
- After completing the screening station, you will pull your car into line for one of the testing stations. A TriHealth provider will obtain a COVID test sample, using a nasal swab that is self-administered by the student. All Miami students in your car will need to have the COVID test. After the test you will be given a non-transferable wristband to present at your residence hall or on-campus apartment to demonstrate that you are clear to move in. You need to wear your wristband until September 21.
- If you already had COVID-19 and have recovered and you submitted your positive diagnosis in advance, you will be directed to a bypass lane to confirm that you are exempt from testing and will receive a wristband.
- After you pull out of the testing area, you are clear to proceed to your residence hall or on-campus apartment and move in your belongings. There will be an information tent near the exit to provide directions to your residence hall, on-campus apartment, or other campus locations as needed.
- You will receive your results within 24 hours at the phone number you included on your paperwork.
- Please remember to practice good protective measures such as wearing a face covering, maintaining at least 6 feet of distance from others, and practice good hygiene throughout your move-in process. While we do not ask you to self-quarantine, we ask that until you receive your test results, you do your best not to mix with other students on your floor or in your building. There will be plenty of time to get to know them in the coming days!
Please note that you will not be permitted to move into the residence hall or on-campus apartments unless you complete a COVID-19 test, even if you received a negative test recently.
*If you moved in on or before September 11:
- You will receive an email invitation to participate in testing at Harris Hall. You must set up an appointment and complete a test on or before September 12 in order to remain in campus housing this semester.
*If you will move in September 12 or 13:
- You will receive an email invitation tomorrow to participate in testing at Harris Hall on Sunday, September 13. You must set up an appointment and complete a test on your move-in day in order to remain in campus housing this semester.
If you have any questions in advance of your arrival, please email covidtesting@MiamiOH.edu. We are thrilled to welcome you to campus and appreciate you taking the time to comply with these important health and safety measures so that we can be healthy together throughout the entire fall semester.
We're glad to have you back,
Vice President for Student Life