Special Opportunity to Live and Serve at Padma Samye Ling in Upstate New York!
The Resident Learning Dharma Skills Program at PSL is offering a special opportunity for PBC members and friends to participate in a 1-month, 3-month, or 6-month-long service retreat that combines study, practice, and activities to uplift and glorify Venerable Khenpo Rinpoches’ mandala at PSL and internationally.
Live, Study, and Practice at PSL with free accommodations and food in exchange for daily service Monday-Saturday, 9-noon and 2-5pm.
We’re currently offering weekly Ngondro teachings and group practices, and well as evening Vajrakilaya and Dharmapala meditation. Participants will be able to attend on-site retreats lead by Ven. Khenpo Tsewang Dongyal Rinpoche at no cost, as well as have personal practice and study time every morning and evening. We'll also include some basic training in tormas, shrine care, and other ceremonial rituals over the course of the program.
Areas of Service Include:
I. Building Maintenence and Construction
• Temple Caretaking
• Skilled Craftsmanship, Construction, and/or Maintenance Skills & Experience Strongly Recommended
• Exterior and Interior Painting
• Knowledge of Machinery
• Should be thorough and patient
II. Kitchen Management
• Culinary Training is helpful
• Knowledge of Vegetarian Cooking
• Supplies and Upkeep
• Creative with Whole Foods
• Friendly Person with Good People Skills
• Reliable Technical Skills like computer programming
• Accounting and book keeping
• Website Design
IV. Groundskeeping & Outdoor Facilities
• Organic Gardening – experience required
• Shared Dormitory included. Possibility of low-budget private room.
• Orientation provided.
• Internet not frequently available.
Consider applying to our “Growing the PBC Mandala” Learning Dharma Skills Program. Experience the full immersion of Venerable Khenpo Rinpoches mandala throughout the four seasons!
All applicants will have to provide 3 references and have a phone interview with Lama Laia and Lama Dragpa.
Apply on the PBC website: