COVID-19 Supplemental Payment (CSP) Requests
Due December 11 by 11:59 p.m.
On November 24,2020, the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Office of Housing published Housing Notice H-2020-11, “Continued Availability of Funds for COVID-19 Supplemental Payments (CSPs) for Properties Receiving Project-Based Rental Assistance under the Section 8, Section 202, or Section 811 Programs.” HUD is making CARES Act funds available to offset property expenditures to combat the effects of COVID-19.
The supplemental payments may cover costs incurred between March 27 - November 30, 2020 related to:
- Additional cleaning and disinfecting services and supplies,
- Additional staff to address COVID-19 related needs, and
- Increased costs for supplies, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and other expenses to help keep properties safe for residents.
For properties in Minnesota Housing’s Section 8 Portfolios (both TCA and PBCA), please submit your questions and CSP Requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What You Need to Know:
- There are now two time frames: March 27 - July 31, 2020 AND August 1 - November 30, 2020.
- If you applied for the first round (March 27 – July 31) of CSP, you are eligible ONLY for the new time frame of August 1 - November 30,2020.
- If you have not applied for ANY CSP funds, you can submit a HUD 52671-E claim for the time frame of March 27 – November 30, 2020.
- If you are applying for BOTH time frames and your total claim amount is UNDER the Tier I cap (see below), you can submit a HUD 52671-E claim on one form.
- If you are applying for BOTH time frames and your total claim is OVER the Tier I cap, you will need to submit two separate HUD 52671-E claims – one for each time frame.
- HUD Form 52671-E has been updated to include the time frame changes.
There are Two Tiers of CSP Requests that Properties May be Eligible for:
Payments are standardized and are primarily intended to help offset costs for COVID-19 prevention and preparation:
- $2,000 base amount per property, plus $60 per assisted unit,
- $1,000 additional per-property allowance for properties specified to house elderly residents, and
- Up to $3,000 additional allowance for properties with a budget-based service coordinator program.
Owners may request larger sums under “Tier 2 Exceptional Cost Payments” to address cost increases associated with responding to reported COVID-19 outbreaks among property residents or in response to extensive community exposure that creates a greater threat to the health and safety of residents within the community.
- Other factors in the threshold calculation for Tier 2 payments include elderly designations, Service Coordinator funding, number of assisted units, surplus cash, MOR/REAC scores, and timely voucher submissions.
- Owners may submit only one claim request per property (not contract), to include all eligible expenses between March 27 - November 30, 2020.
- Complete claim submissions will include a completed form HUD 52671-E and paid receipts for items owners expended due to COVID-19 during HUD’s timeframe (if the amount exceeds the Tier I threshold).
All claim submissions must be emailed directly to email@example.com at Minnesota Housing for processing and MUST be received by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, December 11, 2020. Incomplete claim submissions must be corrected within two business days or will be rejected.