2020 ALVSCE Outstanding Team Award went to the Cooperative Extension Sensory & Developmental Screening Team of Esther Turner, Jennie Treadway, Tammy McCarville, Karin Larimore, Shevonda Joyner, and Flo Bargo. They are a model for the ways in which they work together to support one another, meet the needs for developmental and sensory education in Pinal County, blend education and advocacy with the screenings they conduct.
2020 Shirley O'Brien Diversity & Inclusion Award - Legacy Diversity & Inclusion Champion went Joanie Contreras, Pima County Cooperative Extension. This award is presented to an individual who has demonstrated exemplary diverse and inclusion leadership for five or more years. Joanie delivers nutritional education programming to families with limited resources. These families and children represent the strong racial, ethnic, religious, and social diversity of our communities in and around Tucson. Joanie serves to provide unconditional love and positive regard without judgment, bias, or discrimination. She leads by example and her dedication and commitment to assisting families of all backgrounds is inspiring.
2020 ALVSCE Administrator of the Year went to Jeff Schalau, Yavapai County Cooperative Extension. Jeff Schalau has worked in Extension since 1997 as County Extension Director and Agriculture and Natural Resources Area Agent. Jeff has managed three counties at one time during his Director role. Jeff is an exceptional administrator and a true asset to Cooperative Extension, ALVSCE and the UA.
And again congratulations to our previous well deserved award winners:
• Outstanding Staff in Cooperative Extension Award - Marco Pena
• Extension Faculty of the Year Award - Kerry Schwartz
• Outstanding Staff Award - 2019 Fourth Quarter - Sandra Saad
Heart of Extension Winners
• Juan Arias, Assistant Agent, FRTEP Tribal Extension Programs, Gila County Cooperative Extension
• Kelly Arizmendi, Senior Information Services Coordinator, Extension Administration
• Cassie Burruel, Community Outreach Professional, Pima County Cooperative Extension - Green Valley
• Jamie Campbell, Program Coordinator, Mohave County Cooperative Extension
• Alexendra Carlisle, Assistant in Extension, FRTEP Tribal Extension Programs, Navajo Nation Shiprock
• Renee Carstens, County Extension Director/4H Assistant Agent, Gila County Cooperative Extension
• Mary Conner, Program Coordinator, Senior, Maricopa County Cooperative Extension
• Tamara Floyd, Community Outreach Professional, Maricopa County Cooperative Extension
• Pamela Justice, Program Coordinator, AZ Project WET/Maricopa County Cooperative Extension
• Cathy Munger, IT Manager, Maricopa County Cooperative Extension
• Martha Salcedo, Administrative Assistant, Santa Cruz County Cooperative Extension
• Paul “Paco” Ollerton, owner of Tierra Verde Farms, was awarded the Friend of Extension Award.