Dear UO students,
Simple yet powerful, Duo is already used by all UO faculty members, staff, and graduate employees, and some students.
Recommended: Sign up for Duo by March 12
- Sign up for Duo by March 12 for the best experience.
- You can choose a time that's convenient for you.
- And you'll be automatically entered into a prize drawing!
If you don't opt in during winter term, you'll be assigned a mandatory Duo enrollment deadline in spring term.
How Duo Works
- When you log in to a protected UO service—such as Canvas, Zoom, UOmail, or Microsoft applications—Duo will prompt you to confirm your identity using a secondary device. The most popular option is the Duo Mobile app on your smartphone.
- You'll get to choose which devices to use with Duo. Options include mobile phones, tablets, landlines, and small hardware tokens.
- Using the Remember me for 7 days option, most people will only have to do the verification step once per week (per browser or app, per device).
- Duo empowers you to thwart the hackers. If you get a Duo push notification or phone call when you're not logging in, you can stop unauthorized use of your account by tapping "Deny" in the Duo Mobile app or "9" on a phone call.
Even after you graduate, you'll need to use Duo as long as you have access to protected UO services.
We're committed to making this experience as smooth as possible for you.
Protect yourself, your friends, and the university. Join us in using two-step login today.
R. Kevin Marbury, Ph.D.
Vice President for Student Life
Chief Information Security Officer