‘Top Docs’ addresses new Georgia insurance contracts & surprise bills
The latest edition of the Medical Association of Georgia’s (MAG) ‘Top Docs’ show addresses new Georgia health insurer physician contracts and physician contract terminations (e.g., UnitedHealthcare) – which could result in narrower health insurance networks in the state – and surprise medical bills. The show features Ashutosh Rao, M.D., who is an interventional radiologist with Quantum Radiology.
Dr. Rao discusses…
– Recent Georgia physician contract changes/terminations
– How these contract changes/terminations can affect medical practices
– What surprise billing legislation means for hospitals and health care systems
– What surprise billing legislation means for patients’ access to care
– The median in-network rate that’s used to pay out-of-network physicians
– What physicians can do to make a difference
Dr. Rao graduated from the Emory University School of Medicine in 1996. He is affiliated with WellStar Cobb Hospital, WellStar Douglas Hospital, WellStar Kennestone Regional Medical Center, WellStar Paulding Hospital, and WellStar Windy Hill Hospital.
Between downloads and live listeners, ‘Top Docs’ has now reached nearly 775,000 listeners and viewers – which includes people in all 50 states and more than 80 countries. MAG has won two awards for the show, including an American Association of Medical Society Executives Profiles of Excellence Award and a Health Information Resource Center Digital Health Award.
‘Top Docs’ is supported with a grant from Alliant Health Solutions in memory of Tom Williams, its former CEO.
The views of the guests who appear on ‘Top Docs’ are theirs and aren’t necessarily consistent with MAG’s policies or positions. Contact Tom Kornegay at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about MAG’s ‘Top Docs’ show.