April 8, 2020
Despite the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, rest assured that Ball State University remains committed to a bright future and continues to aggressively recruit the next generation of Cardinals. To do this, we are engaging prospective and admitted students in innovative ways.
In lieu of on-campus visits, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions is reaching out to students interested in Ball State through new online events this Spring:
- Virtual Campus Presentations—Admissions staff share Ball State’s academic and social opportunities and answer questions in daily interactive information sessions.
- Current Student Virtual Q&A’s—Admitted students can interact with our current students in a fun, hourlong session offered three days a week.
- Financial Aid Information Sessions—Financial aid staff provide admitted students with important information and next steps in virtual presentations two days a week.
We hope to resume on-campus visits on June 1. If circumstances allow, we will post Summer visit dates by April 29 on our Visit Ball State webpage.
Above all else, Ball State is making sure the new students we’ve admitted for Fall 2020 know we are here to support them during this difficult time. Practical measures include extending our enrollment confirmation deadline to June 1 and accepting Advanced Placement (AP) exam scores whether completed online or in person. We are also offering to waive the enrollment deposit for students experiencing financial hardship.
I encourage you to help us in this effort by sharing the following key messages with prospective and admitted students:
- Ball State is making sure you don’t put your future on hold.
- We understand your uncertainty, and we’ll help you through it.
- Our mission is education, but our focus is you.
- Ball State’s welcoming and supportive culture is more than a physical location.
- We Fly—especially during challenging times.
Thank you for all the ways you make Ball State great! Please feel free to reach out to our admissions team if you have questions or need further information.