PA Campus/Community Risk Level for Week of September 28, 2020: RED/ORANGE
- Overview: Red/Orange/Yellow risk levels = Highest/Moderate/Lower risk levels
- Applies to the week Monday-Sunday, unless we need to move to a more conservative stage sooner based on updated information.
- Public health guiding principles: Campus, town, county, state data.
- Cohort 1 arrival quarantine is officially over!
- Campus community members in isolation currently = 0.
- The Sykes Medical team is continuing to vaccinate students.
- Human Resources coordinated vaccination for adults last week.
General Principles and Daily Expectations: Mitigating Risk
Masking: Required at all times.
- While eating, you may unmask while maintaining 6+ feet of distance from anyone else. Please keep a mask on as much as possible, and limit time being unmasked while around others.
- Dorm pods may unmask with each other inside of their dorm pod spaces, such as a dorm room or a common room devoted exclusively to that pod (must still wear masks in spaces shared with other pods)
- Water sports during athletics.
Distancing: Maintain at least 6 feet of distance.
- Individuals within the same dorm pod may relax distancing measures within their dorm pod spaces (must still maintain distance from other pods)
Hand hygiene: required. Remember to sanitize hands during athletics, especially when sharing equipment.
- Daily symptom tracker: required every day.
- Testing: Weekly
- Tuesday/Wednesday: campus adults and dependents
- Day student dependents should continue to test with families.
- Please respond to the email that went out yesterday to sign up for your weekly time for the rest of the term.
- Thursday/Friday: students
- 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. for boarding students
- 3 p.m. - 5 p.m. for day students
- An email asking to sign up for a weekly time slot for the term will be forthcoming for cohort 1.
- Classrooms and academic buildings: closed
- Library: available to day students who have assigned carrels (sign-ups with Mike Barker)
- Paresky: open for lunch/dinner for grab and go meals
- Uppers, Seniors, and PGs go in through the right-hand side doors in front of Paresky
- Juniors and Lowers go in through the left-hand side doors in front of Paresky
- Follow signs while indoors and remember to remain masked and follow physical distancing.
Movement around campus:
- Limit gathering sizes to 10
- Adult supervision not required
- Day students may come to campus Monday-Friday from 3 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
- Boarding students may move around campus from 6 a.m. - 8 p.m.; 8 p.m. sign in for boarders
- Boarding students may not leave campus
Visitors to campus:
- No visitors allowed
- No meal delivery
Athletics and Co-curricular activities:
- Students engaged in these activities in person will receive messaging from their coach, instructor, or supervisor with specific timing and expectations.
Please also see the COVID-19 Testing Dashboard
for testing data on our campus, updated weekly. Thank you for tuning in.
Dr. Patel and Mrs. Elliott