What are the differences in symptoms of a heart attack between a woman and a man?
- Uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness or pain in the center of your chest. It lasts more than a few minutes, or goes away and comes back.
- Pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw or stomach
- Shortness of breath with or without chest discomfort
- Breaking out in a cold sweat, nausea or lightheadedness
- Chest discomfort (the most common sign)
- Nausea, indigestion, heartburn or stomach pain
- Pain that spreads through the arm
- Feeling dizzy or lightheaded
- Throat or jaw pain
- Getting exhausted easily
Whether you are male or female, if you have any of these signs or symptoms, call 911 and seek medical attention right away!