Week of November 26, 2017
We hope all of our Dragons had a wonderful and restful Thanksgiving holiday!
Will You Join the Crowd?
Help us show the power of 60! 60 gifts in 24 hours.
Join us in a spirited 24-hour challenge on Giving Tuesday, November 28.
Make it the most impactful day of the year for St. Michael’s!
Get in the spirit of the season by commemorating St. Michael’s 60th anniversary with a gift to the Annual Fund.
Join the crowd starting Tuesday at 6 a.m. Watch for details Monday at 6 p.m.
Meetings with Michael on New Strategic Plan
Join us for "Meetings with Michael" to learn about the School's new Strategic Plan focusing on teaching and learning.
- Wednesday, 11/29 at 2 p.m., Lower School Library
- Thursday, 11/30 at 7:30 a.m., Middle School Library
- A reminder that students will be bringing home their warm-weather change of clothes and should return on Monday following Thanksgiving with a cold-weather change of clothes.
- Missing anything? Our Lost and Found boxes at both campuses are filling up. The Middle School Lost and Found is located in the front office. The Lower School one is in the SMPA Room across from the front office.
Eighth Graders are going on a Hispanic Flamenco Ballet field trip, Tuesday, November 28. Students should bring a snack, drink, and bag lunch.
- Second Grade will go on a Field Trip to the Science Museum on Friday, Dec.1, 9 a.m.-noon. Students will eat lunch at School.
Middle School Musical Auditions
Auditions for the Middle School musical, Willy Wonka Kids, will take place November 28-29 from 3-4:30 p.m. in the Great Hall. Students only need to attend ONE audition.
Callbacks are Friday, December 1 from 3-4:30 p.m.
Winter Break Camp!
Need Childcare for Winter Break? Register by 12/14!
St M is partnering with Challenge Island to host Camp Frosty, a winter camp for grades K-5 on December 20-22.
Click HERE for more information.
Register online at challenge-island.com/midlothian. (Go to the blue bar at top of the page & hit the “Register Now” tab. Once on the registration page, scroll down to find the Camp Frosty entry.)
The deadline to register is December 14. (Minimum number of registrants needed for camp to occur.) Contact Allyson Steele, Director of Extended Programs, with any questions.
Spiritwear Makes Great Gifts!
We have updated our Spiritwear site with new cold weather items.
Click HERE to place holiday orders. The deadline to order items so they arrive before Christmas is November 30. Items will deliver on December 8.
COMING SOON! A holiday pop-up shop in early December at both campuses with NEW St M stocking stuffers, Christmas ornaments, Dragon socks and more! Ho! Ho! Ho!
Book Fair Gift Certificates
Give the gift of reading this holiday season! The SMPA (in partnership with bbgb bookshop) is selling Book Fair Gift Certificates that can be redeemed during the Lower School Book Fair, January 30-February 1.
Click HERE for more information and ordering instructions. Click HERE to purchase from bbgb bookshop's website (scroll to bottom of page for gift certificates)
Around the Halls....
Check out our Media Gallery
for photos of the First Grade play, field trips, and learning that took place at St M this week!
Let's Be Friends!
Get connected to keep abreast of St M news, events, calendar changes and information.
Current and past issues of "This Week at St. Michael's" are now archived on our website under "News and Events
," as well as under "Community
Dates to Remember
Please check our online School Calendar
for the 2017-2018 Academic Calendar.
Never miss an update!
Subscribe to our School calendars
and receive automatic updates! (Families should download the Academic Calendar as well as a Lower School or Middle School calendar)
Monday, Nov. 27:
- Dragon Dress Day (Grades 3-8)
Tuesday, Nov. 28:
- Giving Tuesday: Thank You for Supporting Our Annual Fund!
- LS Chapel, 8:30 a.m.
- 8th Grade to Hispanic Flamenco Ballet, 9:10 a.m.- 1 p.m.
- MS Musical Auditions, 3-4:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 29:
- MS Chapel, 8 a.m.
- "Meetings With Michael" on new Strategic Plan, Lower School library, 2 p.m.
- MS Musical Auditions, 3-4:30 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 30:
- 8th Grade Dress Down Day
- Deadline to Order Spiritwear for Holiday Gift Delivery
- Meetings With Michael on new Strategic Plan, Middle School library, 7:30 a.m.
Friday, Dec. 1:
- 2nd Grade Field Trip to Science Museum, 9 a.m.-noon. Students will eat lunch at School.
- MS Open Mike, 2 p.m.
- MS Musical Callbacks, 3-4:30 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 2:
- MS LEGO Robotics Team Competes in State Championship! GO DRAGONS!
- MS Swim Meet, Candy Cane Invitational, 2-5 p.m., Swim RVA
NOTE: Due to the volume of sports practices, please consult the online School calendar for practice dates and times.
LOWER SCHOOL FOOD PANTRY DRIVE
Thank you for your support of this wonderful ministry once again! If you would still like to donate to the pantry, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
to see what they need for a given month.
MIDDLE SCHOOL FEEDMORE FOOD DRIVE
Donations can be deposited in the designated
by the library doors.
Here is a list of most needed items:
- Peanut Butter
- Canned Tuna & Chicken
- Low Sodium Veggies
- Fruits Packed in Juice
- Spaghetti Sauce (No Glass)
- Canned or Dry Beans
- Hot & Cold Cereal
- Whole Grain Snacks
If you, a family member, or friend needs prayers, please email Christian Hansen
with the subject “Prayers of the Dragons.”