Dear UO students,
We strongly encourage you to read this entire email.
With November break quickly approaching, we would like to remind you that all courses will be delivered remotely from November 30 to the end of fall term to help reduce travel and allow you the choice to stay home if that is safe, through winter break. Detailed information on what facilities will be open on campus between the November and winter breaks will be available on Around the O and listed on the UO campus map.
With many of you likely planning to travel in the coming weeks, please take extra precautions and minimize your risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19. This means following the standard prevention guidelines of wearing masks, physical distancing, not gathering in groups, practicing good hygiene and daily symptom self-checks, and quarantine or isolation if necessary. We are only fifteen days from break and it is important you take extra precaution if you are traveling. Please plan accordingly and do everything you can to reduce your risk of exposure. This not only protects you; it protects the people you are traveling to visit. We also recommend you check your destination state and city for any travel restrictions or requirements.
POSITIVE CASE, SYMPTOMS, OR EXPOSURE
It is essential that public health guidance be followed. Do not travel if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are in isolation, experienced any COVID-19 symptoms in the past three days, or have had contact with a confirmed case. If you are a positive COVID-19 case or in quarantine when it comes time for you to travel, please do not leave or return until you have been cleared by a medical professional.
To help minimize the risk of spread, the UO is also offering expanded COVID-19 testing availability for students through Monitoring and Assessment Program (MAP) leading up to break. The rules, options, and protocols vary for students living on and off campus, so please read this email carefully for details:
STUDENTS LIVING IN RESIDENCE HALLS
- All UO residence hall students are required to be tested for COVID-19 the week of November 16. Residence hall students who are traveling should schedule their pre-travel test at least 4 days prior to departure to ensure they receive their results in time.
- There will be no testing offered for residence hall students between Monday, Nov. 23–Sunday, Nov. 29 because of the break.
- If you would normally be scheduled for a test the week of Nov. 23–29, you should schedule a test the week before (Nov. 16–19). If you plan to travel, make sure you schedule your test at least 4 days prior to departure.
- COVID testing for UO residence hall students will resume Monday, Nov. 30.
- UO residence hall students will receive a follow-up email with detailed winter term move-in information tomorrow.
STUDENTS LIVING OFF CAMPUS
- Free, voluntary testing for off-campus students and Family Housing and University Apartments students planning to travel for November break is available on Nov. 20, 23, and 24, as capacity permits. Sign-up is required.
- If you are planning to travel over the November break, we recommend scheduling your test a few days before your departure to allow ample time to receive results.
- If none of the available slots for UO MAP testing fit your schedule, a local provider may be a good alternative.
- Additional testing events will be made available after November break for students living off-campus.
As a reminder, information about remote instruction, resources, and support is available on the UO Coronavirus website and Remote Resources for Students page. Please check directly with your instructor if you have questions about remote instruction or finals after the November break.
We hope you all enjoy your break, wherever you spend it, and that your final weeks of fall term are safe, productive, and healthy. As always, if you have any concerns about symptoms, please contact University Health Services at 541-346-2770 or a local provider.
Assistant Vice President and Dean of Students