Governor: Statewide Mask Mandate-Chamber Asked to Distribute Masks to Business
Brad Meier, President
- Masking mandated in public-facing indoor places including retail stores, and in similar outdoor settings where social distancing is not possible.
- Signage at businesses will be required. The state will produce sample signs.
- Businesses will be required to make a “reasonable effort” to educate non-compliant customers.
- Businesses will be required to deal with non-compliant customers in a manner similar to how they deal with any other non-compliant customers relative to store policy.
- Businesses and other impacted parties that blatantly disregard the order will be subject to penalties.
Owatonna Chamber will receive 30,000 one-time use masks from the state of MN to distribute to businesses in Steele County. These can be used to provide to customers who arrive without a mask. More details on this next week.
Lastly, a note of encouragement. You've been dealing with running and working a business during a pandemic. There are multiple stressers on your time and resources. Thank you for sticking with it. No matter where you are on the mask wearing debate, one thing is for sure, we want your business to succeed. We will work with the mask mandate to assist your business and we all hope this moves us through this pandemic as safely and quickly as possible.
As always, you can reach out to me via phone 507-451-7970 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.