Money and stress seem to go together, especially when your funds are running low. Worrying about it too much can cloud your thinking. It can even affect your health and your saving or spending choices. Try this tip for one week to help you control spending and feel more financially powerful.
Start a jar system.
Put away your debit and credit cards, then:
1. Plan your budget.
2. Set a weekly spending limit for areas like clothes, groceries and pet care.
3. Mark separate jars for each area.
4. Place the amount of cash you’ve budgeted in each.
5. Pay for those expenses with only the cash available.
6. If you run out of cash, you must borrow from another jar.
7. Refill your jars with budgeted cash the next week.