What they do and how they help
What they do and how they help
Tufts Student Life
THE REGISTRAR and Financial services AT TUFTS
JUNE 21, 2022
Top of the Tisch Library
Hello Jumbos,
This week, we're taking you on a tour of Student Services, including the Registrar and Student Financial Services (the Bursar and Financial Aid), and answering some of your frequently asked questions.

News and Announcements

We want to remind all first-years that the deadline to send your final transcript to Undergraduate Admissions is June 25.
Also, make sure to send your official AP scores to Tufts by August 1.
Make Sure Your AP Scores Are Being Sent to Tufts

Student Services

Student Services is the first point of contact for many administrative services at Tufts. They are the first point of contact for questions for the Registrar, Financial Aid, and the Bursar. We help students and families get answers to questions, complete university transactions, and make appointments as needed.

How do I contact Student Services?

Student Services is located on the 7th floor of Dowling Hall, in the southeast corner of the building. You can email studentservices@tufts.edu or call 617-627-2000.
Contact Student Services

How Can the Registrar Help?

The Registrar is a key office in Student Services. Their team retains and manages your academic records, including your transcript. They help protect the privacy of those records according to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), and they also facilitate many common transactions related to course registration, major declaration, grading, and enrollment. In other words, if you need help with your academic record or status, the Registrar is a good place to start!

How do I contact the Registrar?

Your point of contact with them is through Student Services, described above.

How can the Registrar Help?

The Registrar provides a lot of specific services. Here are just a few:
The Registrar is also the keeper of a number of Student Forms. Can't find the Pass/Fail Petition or Change of Advisor Form? The Registrar has it! In addition, they maintain The Bulletin, which is a full list of Academic Policies and Procedures.
See Everything the Registrar Assists With

How Can Student Financial Services Help?

Student Financial Services consists of the Bursar and Financial Aid offices. The Bursar's Office will issue you an eBill each semester. You will receive the fall statement in early July (due in early August) and the spring statement in early November (due in early December).
If Financial Aid awarded you grant and/or loan funds, they will appear on your eBill as a credit each semester. If you have a question about your bill or the financial aid you are receiving, Student Financial Services is here to help!

How Do I Contact the Bursar or Financial Aid Office?

Your point of contact with them is through Student Services, described above. You can also schedule an appointment online with your Financial Aid Counselor!

How Do I View and/or Pay My eBill?

You should begin looking for your eBill statement through the SIS portal in the first week of July. Preliminary versions of your eBill may also be viewable in SIS; however, your eBill will not be finalized until tuition and any applicable room and board charges are added, and any aid awards or other adjustments have been made.
To view and/or pay your eBill, click on Bills & Balances in SIS, then select My eBill or Make a Payment. If you have not already done so, you may also want to invite others (including parents) to view or pay your bill: add them as an invited viewer in the SIS portal and have them follow the directions they receive via email.

How Do I Request a Refund?

Students may request a refund from their student account when a valid credit balance exists due to overpayment. We issue refunds electronically through BankMobile. You can review our refund policies as well as learn about the refund process including how to set up an electronic preference on the Financial Services web page. Please note that the option to set up a refund preference with BankMobile will be available beginning mid-July.

Other Frequently Asked Questions

Students, parents, and families often have questions about billing and financial aid. Answers to many common questions can be found on our FAQ page. Here are just a few:
Blue t-shirt with text: First-Year T-Shirt Design Contest. Deadline June 30th. Email submission at orientation@tufts.edu. Guidelines: Simple design to be printed in one color. Original artwork. Class year can be easily removed from design. If you have any questions, email orientation@tufts.edu

Questions This Summer?

Please contact Student Services at 617-627-2000 or studentservices@tufts.edu.

Here's What's Coming Up Next

Checklist Reminders

Upcoming Webinars

Continue to check out the Undergraduate Orientation web page for information on upcoming webinars.

Division of Student Diversity and Inclusion

Next week, we're going to introduce the Division of Student Diversity and Inclusion (DSDI). The Centers within DSDI are a resource for students interested in thinking about social identities and how they impact our lives and the world we live in. The Centers host many events throughout the year and provide students with opportunities for discussion and leadership.
Start Exploring the Division of Student Diversity and Inclusion
Read Previous Messages to Incoming Students

More Financial Services at Tufts

In addition to Billing and Financial Aid, Tufts provides students with several other Financial Services.
We help students find Student EmploymentLook out for more information about Student Employment later this summer!
We help students manage Student Loans.
Learn How to Find a Job!
Learn About Financial Aid Policies

What's FERPA?

One of the Registrar’s many responsibilities is to protect the privacy of your education records and the other rights you have to access and amend those records, which are outlined in a federal law called the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, or FERPA.
FERPA guarantees you access to your education records and limits and/or prevents disclosure of those records to third parties.
The Registrar also provides a mechanism for students to put a Privacy Block in place, which limits the University’s ability to disclose your Directory information to third-parties. Students may also invite others to have access to the records and information in their SIS account using Invited Viewer Access
Learn More About FERPA
Read More About Privacy Blocks
Learn More About Invited Viewer Access

Connect with Orientation!

Facebook Instagram
Subscribe to our email list.