This year there are no university travel restrictions during Thanksgiving break, and students are welcome to celebrate the holiday with their families and friends. There are no classes on Wednesday, November 24 and the university is closed on Thursday, November 25 and Friday, November 26.
Please note the following important details:
- For safety and security purposes, all students remaining on campus are required to register with Residential Life.
- All students, faculty, and staff who remain on campus must maintain their COVID-19 testing schedule. Please note that the testing center hours will be adjusted. The 62R Talbot Avenue testing center will close Wednesday, November 24 at 10 a.m. and reopen Saturday, November 27 at 7 a.m. The SMFA testing center will be open Wednesday, November 24 from 8 a.m. until 10 a.m. and reopen Monday, November 29 at noon.
- If you leave the area over break, let COVID Testing know which dates you will be away from campus in the Tufts Mobile app (tap: “COVID-19 testing” and “Going away? Let us know your plans”) on the first day you are away from campus so that you are not marked as missing a COVID test over the break.
- Carmichael and Dewick Dining Centers close on Wednesday, November 24 at 7 p.m. and reopen on Sunday, November 28 at 5 p.m. The SMFA Café closes on Wednesday, November 24 at 2 p.m. and reopens on Monday, November 29 at 8 a.m.
- Tisch, Lilly, and the SMFA Libraries will close at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, November 24. Tisch will reopen on Sunday, November 29, at 7:45 a.m. Lilly will reopen on Sunday at noon. The SMFA Library will reopen on Monday at 9 a.m.
- The Fitness Center will be open Wednesday, November 24 from 7 a.m. until noon; closed on Thursday, November 25 and Friday, November 26; open on Saturday, November 27 from 9:30 a.m. until 3 p.m; and open Sunday, November 28 from 10 a.m. until 10:30 p.m. (regular hours).
- The Mayer Campus Center will close at 3 p.m. on Wednesday, November 24 and reopen again at 4 p.m. on Sunday November 28, resuming regular hours.
- The Health Service and Counseling Center will be open until noon on Wednesday, November 24 and then closed during the university holidays. The nurse on call and counseling after hours phone lines are available until our reopening on Monday, November 29 at 9 a.m. For the Health Service, call (617) 627-3350; for the Counseling Center, call (617) 627-3360.
- Additional information specific to the SMFA campus is being sent separately.
Wishing you have a safe, restorative, and enjoyable Thanksgiving break!
Camille Lizarríbar, JD, PhD
Dean of Student Affairs and Chief Student Affairs Officer for AS&E