Access the Orientation 2020 Canvas Course
The time has come! If you've registered for orientation, you now have access to your orientation Canvas course. The orientation Canvas course is a comprehensive introduction to the Miami experience - academic and student life communities, opportunities, and resources and people who are ready to support you.
Here's what you need to know to get started:
- This is an individualized process that you'll complete over the next several weeks.
- Begin working through the orientation Canvas modules; as you complete a module, you will unlock the next one.
- Once you complete the module about your academic curriculum, you'll receive information on how to schedule your academic advising appointment.
- Advising appointments begin in late May and must be completed by July 2. To stay on track, you should have your advising appointment scheduled by mid-June.
- Continue to work through the remaining Canvas modules and plan to finish by July 2.
- Revisit any part of the Canvas course as needed.
To access the orientation Canvas site:
- Navigate to MyMiami. Login using your Miami UniqueID and password.
- Under Quick Tools, navigate to your Miami University email account. In your inbox, you will have an invitation to join the Class of 2024 Orientation Canvas site. You will need to accept the course invitation to move forward.
- You can always return to MyMiami to access Canvas through MyMiami, click on the Canvas button on the left side of the screen, under the Quick Tools heading.
It is important that you check your Miami University email account regularly moving forward; official orientation communication will be sent to your Miami email. To ensure that you receive all notifications from Canvas, we'd recommend setting your Canvas notifications to come to your email address and/or to your phone.
Orientation Materials for Families
If you signed one or more of your familiy members up to receive orientation materials, they will recieve direct communication from Dr. Mark Pontious, Director of Parent and Family Programs, who will share communication about orientation. If you haven't let us know about family members who should receive orientation materials, login to the orientation registration system to share their information.