What does it mean to withdraw from college?
A withdrawal from college is initiated by the student who does not wish to return to New Paltz. A withdrawn student will be blocked from taking any courses at New Paltz and must reapply to Admissions if they change their mind.
Before making this critical decision, you should meet with a trusted advisor, financial aid counselor and if applicable, a medical or mental health professional.
- Is SUNY New Paltz not the right fit for you?
- Do you need to be closer to home?
- Are you not ready for College?
- Are you experiencing financial difficulties?
- Do you need a break or this there something preventing you from focusing?
- Are there any supports that New Paltz offers that might help you remain?
If you intend to return to New Paltz or if you are unsure, do not withdraw from college. Consider a leave of absence instead.