New ‘Top Docs’ features leading pain specialist addressing COVID-19
The latest edition of the Medical Association of Georgia’s (MAG) ‘Top Docs’ show addresses COVID-19 from a number of important perspectives – and it features Travis Bailey, M.D., who is a board-certified anesthesiologist and a fellowship-trained interventional pain specialist with Valdosta Orthopedic Associates.
Dr. Bailey discusses…
– What we know about COVID-19 with certainty
– The latest on COVID-19 numbers in South Georgia
– The COVID-19 mortality rate
– Whether he believes that there will be another “lock down” in Georgia
– His views on requiring people to wear masks in public
– How effective hydroxychloriquine is as a treatment option
– When he thinks a COVID-19 vaccine will become available
– His views on re-opening schools this year, and his suggestions for parents
Dr. Bailey is a board-certified anesthesiologist and fellowship-trained interventional pain specialist. He provides anesthesiology/critical care coverage at South Georgia Medical Center in Valdosta and Tift Regional Medical Center (i.e., “Southwell”) in Tifton. In addition to serving on MAG’s board, Dr. Bailey is a member of the Georgia Society of Interventional Pain Physicians’ Board of Directors. It is also worth noting that he is a graduate of the MAG Foundation’s Georgia Physicians Leadership Academy.
Between downloads and live listeners, ‘Top Docs’ has now reached more than 1.6 million listeners and viewers – which includes people in all 50 states and more than 80 countries. MAG has won three awards for the show, including an American Association of Medical Society Executives Profiles of Excellence Award, an American Society of Association Executives Silver Award, and a Health Information Resource Center Digital Health Award.
‘Top Docs’ is supported with a grant from Alliant Health Solutions in memory of Tom Williams, its former CEO.
The views of the guests who appear on ‘Top Docs’ are theirs and are not necessarily consistent with MAG’s policies or positions. Contact Tom Kornegay at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about MAG’s ‘Top Docs’ show.