What You Need to Know
KN95 Masks Available on Campus. The University of Oregon is providing KN95 masks to faculty, staff, and students who do not have their own. Faculty, staff, and students can pick up three KN95 masks by showing their UO ID card at one of the following locations:
- EMU - O Desk
- Lillis – Atrium reception desk
- Knight Library – Check out and reserve desk
- Tykeson Hall - Welcome desk
- Price Science Commons – Service desk
- Masks are being sent to UO PDX and Oregon Institute of Marine Biology.
Mask are provided on first-come first-served basis and will be replenished as additional supplies arrive. If taken care of, KN95 masks can be worn up to five times. Read the full message on the Coronavirus Resources webpage.
Updates to Quarantine and Isolation Guidance: To reflect new Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) quarantine and isolation guidance, the Exposure Scenarios webpage has been updated to clarify changes and provide next steps for UO students and employees.
To report a COVID-19 case:
- Employees should report positive cases using the new Employee Case form.
- Students who test positive through a home test should report their test result through Lane County home test form.
- Instructors can submit the new Instructor form if notified by a student that they have tested positive.
- UO students who test through Monitoring and Assessment Program (MAP), University Health Services (UHS), or a testing facility in Lane County, no longer need to report their positive test result because the information is already provided to the UO.
Case Management and Contact Tracing: Following the practices of Lane County Public Health and Oregon Health Authority, the UO is adapting case management and contact tracing due to the current surge. Contact tracing is focused on residence hall students, students living in large congregate living situations, and workplace-related cases.
To support UO students and employees who test positive or are exposed to COVID-19, the UO Case Management Team and Corona Corps are available to provide guidance and resources. The Corona Corps Care Team is available Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m-5:00 p.m. and Saturday 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. by email or calling 541-346-2292.
More information can be found on the Case Management and Corona Corps webpages.