New ‘Top Docs’ addresses MAG health plan, which is delivering average savings of 18%
The latest edition of the Medical Association of Georgia’s (MAG) ‘Top Docs’ show addresses the MAG Health Insurance Plan, which is delivering an average savings of 18 percent and more than $30,000 per year for participating MAG member practices.
It features Tyler Davis, REBC®, RHU®, ChHC®, who is a vice president of Business Development with Decisely Insurance Services, which administers the plan.
– The kinds of insurance that the MAG plan offers
– The kinds of practices that are eligible for the MAG plan
– How many practices have signed up for the MAG plan to date
– How the MAG plan has improved in the last year
– How the pandemic has affected health insurance
– How Georgia’s health insurance market is changing
– How to get a quote on a MAG policy, and whether practices can switch plans mid-year
– A new life insurance product that is available to MAG members
Davis works with associations and their members to “obtain better value for their benefit’s spend utilizing aggregated cost reduction strategies leading to long term sustainable employee benefit programs.” When he was an account executive for Liazon, Davis was the ‘Sales Representative of the Year’ in 2015 and 2017 – saving more than $2 million for his clients. He also served as a sales manager for Blue Cross Blue Shield during the Affordable Care Act roll-out. He is a registered health underwriter, chartered health care consultant, and registered employee benefits consultant; he has an AHIP-certified life/health insurance license in multiple states; and, he has served as the president of the Georgia Association of Health Underwriters for the Coastal Savanah River Area’s Augusta Chapter. Davis attended the American College for Specialized Designations in Healthcare Consulting, and he has a degree from the Georgia Institute of Technology – where he lettered in football.
The MAG health insurance plan features…
– Medical, dental and vision plans from leading national insurance carriers
– Customized plans, deductibles, co-pays, and cost-sharing
– HR technology and support that make benefits administration less time-consuming
– Wellness programs, which rewards individuals for making healthy choices and can save practices even more in premium credits
The MAG plan is available to MAG member practices that enroll five or more full-time physicians and practice staff – keeping in mind that every physician at the practice must be a MAG member for the practice to qualify for the plan.
Decisely hopes to add smaller practices to the MAG plan in the future, but it can already help MAG member practices that have two to four staff identify other good small group health insurance plans.
Between downloads and live listeners, ‘Top Docs’ has now reached more than 2.5 million listeners and viewers – which includes people in all 50 states and more than 80 countries. MAG has won four awards for the show, including an American Association of Medical Society Executives Profiles of Excellence Award, an American Society of Association Executives Silver Award, and two Health Information Resource Center Digital Health Awards.
The MAG Insurance Agency sponsors the ‘Top Docs’ show. MAG and MedPro Group – the nation’s largest and highest-rated health care liability insurance carrier – offer an industry-leading medical malpractice solution for physicians in Georgia. Click here for details and/or to get a quote on a MedPro policy, keeping in mind that MAG members qualify for a MAG premium credit. Contact Ryan Larosa at email@example.com with questions.
The views of the guests who appear on ‘Top Docs’ are theirs and aren’t necessarily consistent with MAG’s policies or positions. Contact Tom Kornegay at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about MAG’s ‘Top Docs’ show.