ANNOUNCEMENT: ADDITIONAL TEMPORARY TESTING SITES
In order to assist adult care home and family care home providers in ensuring there is adequate staff to meet the needs of residents during these challenging times due to COVID-19, the Division of Health Service Regulation—Healthcare Personnel Education and Credentialing Section (HCPEC), the DHSR Adult Care Licensure Section (ACLS), and several county Departments of Social Services are partnering to offer additional temporary testing site locations for the medication aide and administrator exams.
Throughout the remainder of April and through the end of May, we will be offering multiple testing site locations across the state, on Monday’s, Wednesday’s, and Friday’s at most sites listed below. Site locations, dates, and times are being posted on the HCPEC Branch Web site https://www.ncnar.org/index1.jsp. Testing schedules can be found at https://info.ncdhhs.gov/dhsr/news.html#hcpr. All individuals who wish to take an exam must register and pay the normal required testing fee.
In addition, for the safety of all testers and test proctors, we are taking the following safety and infection prevention measures:
- Tests will be limited to no more than 5 people per scheduled exam.
- Testers will be screened prior to entering the testing location. Any person who exhibits signs or symptoms of respiratory illness or has tested positive for COVID-19 will not be permitted to take the exam and will be asked to reschedule.
- All testers are asked to wear a facemask or other face covering upon entering the exam location and wear the face covering for the duration of the exam.
- Exam proctors will be disinfecting all tables and writing instruments between exams.
- Testers will need to remain in the testing room and will not be permitted to travel in other areas of the testing site.
Below are the temporary additional testing sites. All locations will offer the medication aide exam. Select locations will offer the administrator exam. Again, please refer to the HCPEC Web site for details and schedules.
- Buncombe County – DHSR Black Mountain Office
952 Old US Hwy 70, Building 17
Black Mountain, NC 28711
330 Dr. Martin Luther King Way
Gastonia NC 28052
- Davie County Senior Services
278 Meroney Street, Mocksville, NC 27028
Wallace H. Kuralt Centre
301 Billingsley Road, Charlotte, NC 28211
1203 Maple St. Greensboro, NC 27405
1225 Ramsey Street, Fayetteville, NC 28301
No testing on Fridays.
- Jones County Civic Center
832 North Carolina Hwy 58, Trenton, NC 28585
- Pitt County Cooperative Extension
403 Government Circle Suite 2, Greenville, NC 27834
- Wake County – DHSR, Brown Building, Room 104, Dorothea Dix Campus
801 Biggs Drive, Raleigh
North Carolina Assisted Living Association