‘Top Docs’ features Sen. Ben Watson on COVID-19 & General Assembly
The latest edition of the Medical Association of Georgia’s (MAG) ‘Top Docs’ show features Georgia Sen. Ben Watson, M.D. (R-Savannah) addressing COVID-19 and what he believes the General Assembly will accomplish during the remainder of this year’s legislative session, including the state budget and surprise billing and other key legislation.
Sen. Watson discusses…
– His experiences as a physician and a lawmaker
– The biggest surprises and lessons from the COVID-19 outbreak
– His experience as a member of Gov. Brian Kemp’s COVID-19 Task Force
– How COVID-19 has affected emergency rooms and medical practices
– How common COVID-19 has been in Savannah and the rest of Georgia’s coast
– How COVID-19 affected access to the state’s beaches
– His advice for patients to avoid getting COVID-19
– Steps that will be taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19 at the State Capitol
Sen. Watson is the chairman of the Senate Health and Human Services Committee. He also serves on the Appropriations, Public Safety and Transportation committees, as well as being an ex officio member of the Insurance and Labor Committee and the Veterans, Military and Homeland Security Committee. Before he was elected to the Senate, Dr. Watson served in Georgia’s House of Representatives. He has been a primary care physician in Savannah since 1988 – practicing internal medicine with a specialty in geriatrics. He has a medical degree from the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta.
Between downloads and live listeners, ‘Top Docs’ has now reached more than one million listeners and viewers – which includes people in all 50 states and more than 80 countries. MAG has won two awards for the show, including an American Association of Medical Society Executives Profiles of Excellence Award and a Health Information Resource Center Digital Health Award.
‘Top Docs’ is supported with a grant from Alliant Health Solutions in memory of Tom Williams, its former CEO.
The views of the guests who appear on ‘Top Docs’ are theirs and aren’t necessarily consistent with MAG’s policies or positions. Contact Tom Kornegay at email@example.com with questions about MAG’s ‘Top Docs’ show.