Visit Our Holiday Pop-Up Shop!
Featuring exciting NEW STM ITEMS like dragon logo socks, glass ornaments, handmade jewelry, cell phone smart wallets, winter hats and headbands, key fobs and more, our Holiday Pop-Up Shop is the perfect way show your DRAGON PRIDE while picking up St M stocking stuffers and holiday gifts!
The Pop-Up Shop will be OPEN:
- Friday, December 8 from 8 a.m.-3 p.m. in the Lower School SMPA Room (across from the Front Office)
- Monday, December 11 from 8-9 a.m. and 2-3 p.m. in the Middle School Conference Room (across from the Front Office)
Cash and Checks only please. Most items $15 and under.
Please contact Amy Wozniak
with any questions. Ho! Ho! Ho!
Early Dismissal on Wednesday
Wednesday, December 6 is an early dismissal day (11:45 a.m. for Middle School and noon for Lower School).
Need drop-in childcare that afternoon?
Our Extended Day program will be open from 12-6 p.m. at the Lower School for BOTH Lower School AND Middle School families at a cost of $30.
- Transportation will be provided for registered Middle School Students to the Lower School. Middle School parents will need to pick up at the Lower School.
Reservations are required. Limited space available. To make a reservation for your child, click HERE.
email Allyson Steele
with any questions.
Please include your child's name and grade.
Note: Lower School families: If you are registered for the Core Extended Day program, this half-day of care is included in your contract so sign-up is not required.
Many thanks for your generous support on Giving Tuesday, a global day of charitable giving held Nov. 28.
YOU helped us raise 60 gifts in honor of the School's 60th anniversary!
- SIXTH GRADERS will partner with their Second grade sidekicks for a project at the LOWER SCHOOL, on Thursday, Dec. 7. Sixth graders should be dropped off at the LOWER SCHOOL that day at 8 a.m. at the Church. (Please do not arrive before 8 a.m.)
For those who signed up to drive, pick-up is at 9:45 a.m. at the Church to return students to the Middle School.
- CONSTRUCTION at the Middle School: Concrete will be poured on Monday, December 7 starting at 7 a.m. Middle School families should be aware that seven concrete trucks will be arriving on campus so you may see them during carpool.
Winter Break Camp!
Need Childcare for Winter Break? Register by 12/14!
St M is partnering with Challenge Island to host Camp Frosty, a winter camp for grades K-5 on December 20-22.
Click HERE for more information.
Register online at challenge-island.com/midlothian.
(Go to the blue bar at top of the page & hit the “Register Now” tab. Once on the registration page, scroll down to find the Camp Frosty entry.
The deadline to register is December 14.
(Minimum number of registrants needed for camp to occur.) Contact Allyson Steele
, Director of Extended Programs, with any questions.
Lower School Fruit and Vegetable Challenge Winner
It was exciting to watch our Lower School students embrace the Fruit and Vegetable Challenge. Our Dragons ate a whopping 2216 healthy servings!
Check out the video below to learn which grade won an extra gym period and fruit party!
Support St M When You Shop This Holiday Season!
Please use the link below when you shop at Amazon and St. Michael's will receive 5% of Amazon Smile purchases! Thank you for your support!
As we celebrate the School’s 60th anniversary, we also celebrate the time-honored tradition of the auction. Planning is well underway for this year’s event on Saturday, February 10, 2018, in The John Marshall Ballrooms. The solicitation committee is hard at work procuring an array of creative and interesting auction items.
You play a significant role in the auction. Mark your calendars now to attend and please consider a donation for the silent or live auction. Donate a service or item or solicit a donation from any business you frequent. Contact Nena Meurlin, Solicitations Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org , with questions.
Donation forms are available HERE.
We look forward to seeing you on February 10. Thank you for considering an auction donation.
Around the Halls....
Check out our Media Gallery
for photos of field trips, events and learning that took place at St M this week!
Let's Be Friends!
Get connected to keep abreast of St M news, events, calendar changes and information.
Current and past issues of "This Week at St. Michael's" are now archived on our website under "News and Events
," as well as under "Community
Dates to Remember
Please check our online School Calendar
for the 2017-2018 Academic Calendar.
Never miss an update!
Subscribe to our School calendars
and receive automatic updates! (Families should download the Academic Calendar as well as a Lower School or Middle School calendar.)
Monday, Dec. 4:
- Dragon Dress Day (Grades 6-8)
- MS Musical Rehearsal, 3-4:30 p.m.
- MS Girls' Varsity Bball Game @ St. Catherine's (Court 4), 6:15 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 5:
- K and 5th Grade Chapel Pal Ornament Exchange, 2 p.m.
- Boys' Varsity A Bball Game vs. St. Edward's @ Benedictine (Fan), 8 p.m.
Wednesday, Dec. 6:
- 7th Grade Meals on Wheels, 9:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Early Dismissal Day, 11:45 a.m. for MS and Noon for LS
Thursday, Dec. 7:
- 2nd and 6th Grade Sidekick Project, 8 a.m.-9:45 a.m. (6th Graders should be dropped off at 8 a.m at the Lower School Church, NOT at the Middle School)
- MS Musical Rehearsal, 3-4:30 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 8:
- St M Holiday Pop-Up Shop, 8 a.m.-3 p.m., Lower School SMPA Room
- Kindergarten Play (Somerville), 8:30 a.m.
- 2nd Grade Christmas Craft Day, 12:30-2:30 p.m.
- MS Winter Clubs begin
Saturday, Dec. 9:
- MS Boys' Varsity A bball game vs. St. Bridget's, 1p.m.
- MS Boys' Varsity B bball game vs. St. Joe's, 2 p.m.
- Boys' JV (blue) bball game vs. St Bridget's, 3 p.m.
NOTE: Due to the volume of sports practices, please consult the online School calendar for practice dates and times.
MIDDLE SCHOOL FEEDMORE FOOD DRIVE
- FINAL DAYS
Donations can be deposited in the designated
by the library doors.
If you, a family member, or friend needs prayers, please email Christian Hansen
with the subject “Prayers of the Dragons.”