Wisconsin Regents Opportunity Scholarship
This scholarship recognizes underrepresented and underserved students who have overcome adversity, demonstrated financial need, and possess records of merit that include strong academic performance, significant personal achievements, and service to their communities. The scholarship is awarded through the President’s Office to students who are currently attending UWM. Award recipients will be publicly recognized at a fall 2021 meeting of the Board of Regents at UW-Madison. The application deadline is April 9, 2021.
Awards ranging from $2,500 to $10,000 will be made to undergraduate degree-seeking students in recognition of their academic promise, academic progress or their ability to complete their degrees in a timely manner.
- Wisconsin resident
- Inclusion in an underserved or underrepresented community including African American, Latinx, Native American/American Indian, Southeast Asian, or low-income populations
- Demonstrated financial need (filed a FAFSA for the upcoming 2021-22AY)
- Strong academic performance with a minimum 2.75 cumulative grade point average.
- Enrolled as a full-time equivalent undergraduate in any major field and remain a full-time equivalent student during the academic year
- Significant personal achievements
- A demonstrated record of service to home or university communities
- Evidence of their ability to overcome adversity