More than Just a TV
In a year of so much change, so many challenges and such loss, it is easy to become overwhelmed. Helping others is a way to stay focused. Administrators and staff at Lutheran have remained laser focused on the safety, health and well-being of all who call Lutheran home. There is something you can do.
Please take a moment…help relieve isolation now!
Residents normally gather in their Day Room, a common area on each unit. In the early stages of Covid-19 meals were still served here. For a time worship services were conducted in each Day Room while the Chapel was closed. Currently only four at a time may visit with their neighbors. It remains an important place to socialize-at-a-distance when permitted and will again, in the future, become a hub of activity and meals.
The old flat screen TVs in these areas need replacing. Smart TVs would better serve our residents, offering more dynamic programming and allowing for interactive events and creative theme-based activities. We could
- Invite musicians who have performed at LCC and are familiar faces to share a live performance with us on Zoom
- Show recently released movies (currently we need a license to do so), filmed live Broadway productions, Travel & Leisure Museum Tours and more
- Offer interactive classes including chair yoga and seat exercise classes and games that engage and stimulate
- Schedule meditation and spiritual care opportunities
- Show pre-recorded health and wellness programs
- Highlight the Activities Calendar and the Dining Menu
Your year-end gift will make a difference, now during the pandemic, and going forward. Help bring cheer!
Donate online here or send a check to Patricia Ludington, Administrator at Lutheran Care Center. If you prefer to be a monthly sustainer contact email@example.com.