1. Call your Supervisors: Urge them to DENY PCEC’s appeal
- Salud Carbajal: 805-568-2186
- Janet Wolf: 805-568-2191
- Doreen Farr: 805-568-2192
- Peter Adam: 805-737-7700
- Steve Lavagnino: 805-346-8400
What: Tell the Board of Supervisors to DENY PCEC’s appeal, and support the Planning Commission’s decision to protect our County from further damage from PCEC’s oil seeps and spills. Talking points below.
When: November 1, 9AM
Where: Board of Supervisors Hearing Room at 511 East Lakeside Parkway, Santa Maria (or testify remotely at 105 East Anapamu St, Santa Barbara)
Dear Honorable Supervisors,
I urge you to DENY PCEC’s appeal, and support the Planning Commission’s decision to protect our County from further damage from PCEC’s oil seeps and spills.
- PCEC’s oil project is one of the dirtiest and riskiest oil operations in the County – last year PCEC was #1 in the County for oil spills.
- PCEC’s oil operations have resulted in 99 uncontrolled oil seeps and 24 oil spills! If the project or any alternative is approved by the Board, the seeps and oil spills will continue.
- None of PCEC’s “new information” presented at the last hearing avoids or significantly decreases the projects numerous Class I impacts to endangered species, habitat or water quality.
- The project’s uncertain benefits, like short-term construction jobs, do not come close to outweighing its significant impacts.
Thank you for taking action to prevent more oil seeps and spills in Santa Barbara County!